SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shot my first 365XL today.

I've owned the P220, P226, P228, and P320.

My 365XL started as a new P365FCU (titanium nitride), and then I added a Gray Guns grip module with OEM 12 round magazines, OEM 3.7" barrel (nitron), OEM recoil spring, and OEM Spectre slide (nitron).

I ran 100 rounds of Speer 147 G2 and 50 rounds of Speer 124 Lawman TMJ from 5 to 25 yards, from concealment. No stoppages or drama.

This thing is a tack driver! I was very impressed, though I could definitely feel the wear on my hand with the 147's. 124 will be my future with this gun.

I plan to replace the base pads with the Pro Ledge from Tactical Development to facilitate both the Tap and the Rip. Other than that, I don't see changing anything.

Next trip to the range will be to chronograph 4 loads: 147 G2, 124 GD, 124 Lawman, and 124 GD +P.

Stay tuned.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
101 Posts
Shot my first 365XL today.

I've owned the P220, P226, P228, and P320.

My 365XL started as a new P365FCU (titanium nitride), and then I added a Gray Guns grip module with OEM 12 round magazines, OEM 3.7" barrel (nitron), OEM recoil spring, and OEM Spectre slide (nitron).

I ran 100 rounds of Speer 147 G2 and 50 rounds of Speer 124 Lawman TMJ from 5 to 25 yards, from concealment. No stoppages or drama.

This thing is a tack driver! I was very impressed, though I could definitely feel the wear on my hand with the 147's. 124 will be my future with this gun.

I plan to replace the base pads with the Pro Ledge from Tactical Development to facilitate both the Tap and the Rip. Other than that, I don't see changing anything.

Next trip to the range will be to chronograph 4 loads: 147 G2, 124 GD, 124 Lawman, and 124 GD +P.

Stay tuned.
Sounds like some great mods you made.

· Registered
128 Posts
Any pictures of your new toy ?

· Registered
109 Posts
I am new to Sigs, having bought a 365 XL a few weeks ago. Other than the trigger (that has to go) I like it. I have been told by some that the 147 is "less snappy" than lighter bullets. My only other 9's are a couple of CZ SP-01 Shadows, which are much heavier. I really can't feel the difference, although I tend to shoot only about 100 or so at a time more often (the range is almost next door) so maybe I am not getting to the point of fatigue. Just wondering about the "less snappy" comment.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am new to Sigs, having bought a 365 XL a few weeks ago. Other than the trigger (that has to go) I like it. I have been told by some that the 147 is "less snappy" than lighter bullets. My only other 9's are a couple of CZ SP-01 Shadows, which are much heavier. I really can't feel the difference, although I tend to shoot only about 100 or so at a time more often (the range is almost next door) so maybe I am not getting to the point of fatigue. Just wondering about the "less snappy" comment.
I don't think anyone in this thread used "less snappy" in their comment.

All I can tell you is the heavier 147 absolutely increased felt recoil to my hand compared to 124, even though the muzzle velocity is 11% slower with the 147.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts