SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

First range visit for me and my little buddy

948 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  phlyers13 
#1 ·
Well I finally got to the range and had a great time. I really wasn't too worried about my accuracy on this trip, it was more a get to know each other adventure.

I'm glad to report that all 250 rounds went without one failure. I'm sure it had something to do with me performing a cleaning and relubing of the weapon. I will also admit that I was firing a mixed bag of rounds from different manufacturers, but they were all 115 grain, FMJ, brass. Not sure if that added to my successful day, but I'll take it.

Lessons learned from my first adventure....
1. Shorts are fine to wear, but not Croc's. I burnt the **** out of my feet from the ejected HOT brass. I know I provided a very colorful and funny show for the folks next to me :eek:.
2. Very happy that I purchased my Lulu. My shooting buddy was hand loading his magazines and by the end of the day he was borrowing m Lulu.
3. Printing my own paper targets saved me a few dollars.

Some things that I will now start working on going forward. Breath control and sight alignment. Had a real problem with getting on target. I could either focus on the target or the sights, not both. I do wear glasses for reading. I just found this difficult, maybe it's something that will come with time and practice. And my breathing was all over the place.... and it showed on the target. My groupings weren't terrible but I know that if I settle down and relax and control my breathing it will get better.

OVERALL - I very happy with my choice in my first handgun. I liked it more then my buddies Glock 19. Not sure what all the hype is over them.... I was not impressed.

That's about all I have to report. Next trip will be in about 3 weeks. Hopefully I will have better target results.

See less See more
#8 ·
You are only suppose to focus on your front sight, the rear sight, and your target, will both be out of focus.

May I suggest you spen 5 minutes a day doing some plain wall dry fires? Get about 5' from a plain, light colored wall, focus on your front sight and pull that trigger straight back, reset and do it again. When you do this, your front sight should not move through the entire trigger press. After you get this down, and can consistently get 10 solid trigger presses every time, add a target. I have a 3/4" orange sticker on the wall that I use.

#10 ·
Ditto nhp. Definitely work more on your trigger control and don't sweat the breathing as much initially. Focusing on breathing this early in the game will only take your attention away from more important fundamentals. There's plenty of time to dial that in later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.