SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time shooting this P938 & P226 Custom Carry. Brought the TacOps along for an All-Sig range session, lol.

All targets were shot at 7 yards at the local indoor range.

Evidently it was "rifle day", too. Every bay had guys shooting their AR's. Not a problem...just amped up the volume in there.

My impressions of the P938 is that it performs well above it's weight class.....and....the checkering on the front strap is an absolute must-have feature. I was firing standard velocity 115gr ammo and took a normal grip and all was pleasant. The checkering fore & aft on the gun really helped a great deal.

The sight picture is very familiar and welcome.

The first magazine fired grouped into a nice little cluster (upper group). I sped it up a bit on the next two mags. Here's the target for these 3 7-rounders:

Next three magazines:

Third 3-mag target:

Little gun did just fine as far as I'm concerned. The only concern was with the spacer on the magazine floating up and kept me from fully seating them into the gun. Something to consider on the spares I'll have in IWB carriers....I may just take the spacers off.

Next up was the P226CC. It felt like riding in a Cadillac after shooting the little pup. Well mannered and predictable....soft shooting....was like a vacation shooting that gun. I'm really going to like this one...I can tell.

First 18 rd magazine:

I shot it more than the other two guns today.....and really like the gun. The trigger portion is to my liking and I'll be installing the SRT next week hopefully. It's going to be interesting to see how it runs then.

My best shooting of the day was with this gun on the final magazine here:

I ran the TacOps next. Ran it fairly quick, too. I'm going to wait and see how the SRT works out with the P226CC and then make decisions on changing to a standard trigger on this gun. It's starting to look like I'll prefer the standard trigger combined with the SRT. It'll be more evident next week.

Final shooting was these two 20-round magazines through the TacOps:

Improvements that I did make on this session was to stand square to target head in natural position and gun presented in a two handed grip that required minimal head movement. My newly repaired neck thanked me for this adjustment and wondered what took so long, lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I start considering my next range trip on my way home from my last. Can't get enough.
Good shooting. Looks like the little guy did you proud.
It did....no real teething bites, either. I was expecting my ham fist to get bit mightily by the slide with my high grip. Didn't happen....not once. I ran the little thing from pocket draw to fast mag dump, too. Needless to say....this little dawg will hunt.

Impressive for a gun that can be pocket carried with ease, too. Pocket carry, in fact, is how I'll have to roll with this one until my Zorn Wraith finally shows up.

Pocket carry is currently in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster....similar to their Nemesis, yet has a removable full shield that you can reposition via velcro spine as a backer or a front positioned break-up. Great economical pocket holster.

Pics with today's ccw in picture, too......S&W 442 Airweight in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. And before the Internet Safety Police arrive......YES, it's hot. It is my ccw today. It dang well better be hot.:D

Less bulk than my most often carried pocket gun......quicker reloads......better accuracy at ranges beyond muzzle-in-ribcage.....and real-deal-no-kiddin' sights.

I'm smitten....indeed.

Registered
It did....no real teething bites, either. I was expecting my ham fist to get bit mightily by the slide with my high grip.
The little beavertail on the p238/938 really helps those of us with pudgy hands. I get bit EVERY time I fire a Glock. If anyone ever needs a DNA sample from me, check the back of my Glock slides. One of the reason I prefer the "Elites" in my full size Sigs but I think that is just in my mind. I rarely get ANY slide bite from any Sig--but certainly never from my 238

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The little beavertail on the p238/938 really helps those of us with pudgy hands. I get bit EVERY time I fire a Glock. If anyone ever needs a DNA sample from me, check the back of my Glock slides. One of the reason I prefer the "Elites" in my full size Sigs but I think that is just in my mind. I rarely get ANY slide bite from any Sig--but certainly never from my 238
Excellent point you make.

It took Glock coming out with the Gen4 models before I'd give their G26 another try....still had scars from prior attempts. :)

Their new beavertail made it work. Their large beavertail + GAP magazine floor plates enabled me to finally shoot their G19.....the gun that all the experts say everyone should own. Well....I didn't fall into that crowd prior to Gen4 models. Very glad they addressed this as I carry my G19 very often.....and in humid or rough conditions where I tend to leave more expensive guns at home.

Registered
Some awesome shooting there. The P938 is a great carry gun. Since i live in South FL and wear shorts almost year round and I rarely wear a belt, this gun fits well in my pocket with a sticky holster.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some awesome shooting there. The P938 is a great carry gun. Since i live in South FL and wear shorts almost year round and I rarely wear a belt, this gun fits well in my pocket with a sticky holster.
Thank you.

I really am impressed with this little gun.

It functioned perfectly during the first range session. The only hiccups were my fault for not inserting the magazines fully a couple times. I'm fairly certain that occurred when I was using an Uplula magazine reloading tool...pressed the base pad down on the solid surface my gear was sitting on each time I slid a round in it. This caused the spacers to slide up just enough to create issues.

Easily solved by paying better attention to what I was doing.;)

I'll continue to bring this one along on every range trip and keep shooting it. At some point it's going to edge out that 442 from the mix. The sights, three additional rounds, fast reloads and improved accuracy potential are easy selling points.

I'm glad I finally came around to giving one of these guns a try. Sig hit a home run as far as I'm concerned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
How're you liking the 229?
Both of the bigger guns are 226.

I really like them both, but I've got to say....the Talo edition P226 Custom Carry is going to be a favorite....especially once I have the SRT installed.

I've seen them listing a Talo P229 Custom Carry this week, too. My hands fit best on the P226 frame.

The gun handled very well.

I think Bud's is selling these things for even less than I paid for mine. You get a really nice weapon with night sights, G10 grips, 3 Sig 15-rounds magazines and SRT for $830-ish.

I also liked the fit of the Mec-Gar magazines in this gun, too. 18 rounds and they don't protrude.

Very pleased with the grips.

I could have done without the big logo on top, but it's fine.

Registered
I remember you posted on my initial thread that you were also about to get a 938, so I decided to see what you got. Looks great, and that is some impressive shooting!

I'm likewise finding the 938 to be a better-than-expected option. It's very soft-shooting for the size, and the sights are magnificent. Once I learned how to adjust my grip, my accuracy went way up. The only issue is that I have to make sure I rammed the mag in for it to lock in properly. If I'm not careful, I'll end up with it not seated firmly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.