SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first gun on Friday and shot 200 rounds on Saturday. I enjoyed it but I did have 2 jams - empty casing expected but new round didn't seem to seat right. Not sure if it's me, the gun or the ammo, but guessing it's me. The ammo was Remington 9mm 115 gr FMJ.

As I am new to shooting, I don't know which ammo is better or worse than others.

· Registered
1,169 Posts
I have not had any problems with either 115 grain or 124 grain 9mm ammunition in my P320 compact, but I have had problems with other pistols not cycling reliably with commercial 115 grain ball ammo. You might try some 124 grain and see if the problem recurs.

· 🎖USAF Veteran
1,203 Posts
I made the mistake of assuming my P320sc 9mm would arrive clean and lubed and just took it to the range and had problems. I took it home and cleaned and lubed it and have had no problems since, and I shoot Fiocchi 115 gr FMJs.

Reactions: SigShark02

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made the mistake of assuming my P320sc 9mm would arrive clean and lubed and just took it to the range and had problems. I took it home and cleaned and lubed it and have had no problems since, and I shoot Fiocchi 115 gr FMJs.
I had read similar comments on this forum, so I did clean and lube it before I shot it. Maybe I didn't do as good a job as I thought. I cleaned and lubed it again after the 200 rounds on Saturday.

· Registered
389 Posts
Welcome from MD.

Definitely clean the gun before you fire it. I don't have a P320 (yet), but my P226 came all gupped up and required a cleaning and lightweight lube. Recently started adding grease as well.

· Registered
26 Posts
I only have 275 through mine (FS), but not one FTF or FTE. It's my first full size semi and I anticipated some limp wrist or something, but nada.

I did a very quick wipe and re-oil but the way it looked I think it would have been fine.

· Registered
282 Posts
I just got the same pistol (certified pre-owned) about 3 months ago, and I was ready to throw it in the garbage until I replaced the return spring, the extractor and the extractor spring. I had multiple double feeds before the fix. Now mine functions perfectly. I hope your fix is easier and you don't have to do the same as I did. This is my first striker-fired pistol (I never thought I would own one) but I really enjoy it now. Good luck with yours.

· Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from CT. Good advice above on cleaning. If you still have issues, let a range officer shoot a couple of mags and see if problem continues. Is your gun new or used?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.