SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my first failures to return to battery today at the range. I was shooting some recently purchased Blazer Brass, 115gr FMJ in my 365XL. The first failure occurred after maybe thirty normal rounds and was the third round out of the freshly loaded magazine. I cleared that round and racked in the fourth which also failed to feed properly - failed to return to battery. So, I then ejected the magazine and cleared that round. The next five rounds fed and fired properly, however, the impacts were widely scattered, mostly off-right. After that the rest of the box, including the two that initially failed to feed, fired properly as did a handfull from another box. Other than the five scattered impacts I mentioned I was hitting consistently inside a two inch circle at 10 yds (thanks to my 507K!) so I'm reasonably sure those misses were ammo related.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just fired off the last of the 400 rds I purchased a month ago.
Had no issues with any of it (other than it's a bit on the 'dirty' side when fired).

·
Registered
92 Posts
My P365 was a early build. I purchased 500 rounds of P365 FMJ from Sig. Out of the first 100 rounds I had 70 failure to extract, double feeds, and failure to return to battery. There was no problem with ammo from other manufacturers. Sig customer service does not track ammo by lot numbers so I had no way of telling if anyone else was experiencing issues. I sent the gun back to Sig and they found nothing wrong with the gun. Sig did replace the ammo from a different lot, but since they don't track lots I no longer purchase ammo from Sig.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If the Japanese made guns, ammo, and the like, we probably wouldn't have quality problems. They know how to make the best cars in the world. It seems like that, with exceptions, gun and ammo manufacturers don't understand quality and consequently, spend a lot on customer service. We'll probably never know for sure. Repeatability is what makes for good quality. Repeatably good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Weak ammo can potentially be an issue with some P365s - especially with a relatively new gun. So, I'm curious as to the round count on yours? BTW, if I do my part, my P365 is capable of 2 in groups at 10 yds - iron sights. Out to 15 yds or so (50 ft maybe) it is one of my most accurate pistols - even given the short barrel and sight radius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts