SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kicking around a new trigger for the MCX before the bolt recall, and I wish I would have bought a trigger before I sent my bolt in. I would have gotten that trigger back and gotten some sort of improved trigger from Sig for the MCX for free. Live and learn.

So I got my bolt back and decided to put an SSA-E in there. I called Sig and asked for the "G" firing pin blocking lever. The Sig rep was quick to say yes, and it took about a week to get it from them. Before I put it in the rifle, I thought I would take a picture to compare the spec Sig lever to the "G" lever. I haven't seen any other comparison photos, and I'm not sure if it's of any use, but here it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Help me understand, what problem does this solve, and is it a problem with any replacement mil-spec trigger in an MCX, or just the Geisseles?
Welcome to Sig Talk! Yeah, it's a good question - most of us have had no problems with our MCX rifles. Apparently, SIG had some examples of 300Blk MCX rifles having slam fires running a single ammo makes rounds.

Their idea was the firing pin's momentum during the bolt's forward loading cycle hit this ammo's non-mil spec primer hard enough to discharge the round.

We've seen 1 or 2 comments here from MCX owners that had a slam fire with 300Blk.

The new carriage assembly includes a firing pin locking lever, similar to HK 416's. This firing pin safety locks the firing pin in place until the fire control system's hammer is released, and just before striking the firing pin the hammer lifts the firing pin safety lever to release the pin to strike the cartridge's primer.

SIG currently has available firing pin safety levers designed to work with SIG and Geissele trigger assemblies...

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.