SIG Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After about a year of upgrading my son's rifle, I think we're done! It Started it's life as a Kryptek Typhoon 50th Anniversary 10/22...
Added a Magpul X-22 stock and Vortex scope...
Yesterday I purchased a BX Trigger assembly to lighten the trigger pull and broke down and bought a Tactical Solutions match barrel (X-Ring). Taking it out to the range today to see how it shoots!
It's been fun looking at upgrades and watching my son get into shooting over the last year. He's really getting good, so I figured I would upgrade his rifle as his skill improves.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
Nice. You can get really crazy with those. I've got one that the only parts that are Ruger are the mags, mag catch and the pins--everything else is aftermarket (including the receiver).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still can't believe how much better it shoots with the new barrel & trigger... like night and day! This was my first 5 rds seeing if I needed to re-zero the scope... I couldn't imagine a group this tight using regular (not match) ammo!
Time to invest in some match ammo and more trigger time!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys... this is his 4th outing with me since we bought the rifle last year. I'm very impressed with him at 8 yrs old.

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
Spoiled brat! :mad:

:p

Just kidding. Very nice!

Reactions: SteveAikens

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Oh, he IS spoiled... but only cuz he's a good child who's doing above his grade work in Math & English. I told him we would upgrade his rifle if he continued to show interest in shooting... he asks to go every couple weeks when I go and has really done well learning the basic firearm safety rules.

·
Registered
22,192 Posts
I'm glad to see this thread revived again.
This is a good kid with a great Dad.
It is a joy to see a member of a new generation enjoying the shooting sports!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts