SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like a standard-sized grip for my P229. In other words, a grip with similar thickness as I have on my p226 MK25.

I think I can just buy a set of the standard grips right from the Sig Sauer website (which is fine). But I'm wondering if there are any aftermarket grips I should pay attention to before I make the purchase. I've looked at the Hogue website, but I can't tell if their grips are as thick as I need/want.

Anyone have recommendations for me?

I just got the p229 Elite, but those e2 grips don't feel right and I'd like to switch them out.. thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a the standard Sig gray pirahna G10's on both my 226 and 229 extreme. Bought the 229 used and the grips had been changed to Hogue rubber grips. I liked the idea of my grips saying Sig so went with grips from the Sig store.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Yeah, I didn't like the e2s on my 229 SAS either. My choice was to go to Hogue directly for their G10s. They make SIG's grips, and the version they sell doesn't have SIG's branding on them, but they cost a few dollars less too.

image.jpeg

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I didn't like the e2s on my 229 SAS either. My choice was to go to Hogue directly for their G10s. They make SIG's grips, and the version they sell doesn't have SIG's branding on them, but they cost a few dollars less too.

View attachment 129058

Cheers
Thanks. And the G10s are pretty beefy too (like the standards)?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55,903 Posts
if you have big hands, hogues finger grooves are what i like on a 229

welcome from az

Reactions: LCF

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Yeah, these G10s are a standard width. Both Mk25 and 229 are double stack, which are pretty wide grip frames, compared to say a P225 single stack gun.

I have Hogue's aluminum grip panels on my Mk25, and these G10's have a more aggressive texture, and very similar width...

Cheers

·
Registered
821 Posts
I like to replace all my E2 grips with original polymer grips if I can find nice older take-offs. The newer polymer grips that are made in Israel just aren't up to the quality standards you would expect from Sig, IMHO. Otherwise, I'll go with Hogue G10 grips. They are excellent and feel good in my hand, but pricey.

·
Registered
899 Posts
My factory e2 had gotten loose over the course of 4 years and probably 10-12 k rounds. P229.

I recently put on a set of G10 checkered. Earlier last year, I put a set of g10 smooth on my 224.

Yeah. I will be done with e2 grips, lol. I'm not going to yank them from my 226 yet, but will certainly be replacing them in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts