SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today and shot my new/used p239 .40 for the first time.. put about 150 rounds through it with 165 grain fmj with no issues.
Took a few round to get somewhat used to the trigger action. I must i will b adding a srt or qrt trigger to this pistol.
Since i own the p320 and love the trigger on it, i think it would better for finger memory ( if thats what i call it) to have it set up as close to each other as i can....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir

Registered
Big Congratz! Enjoy it.
Also, consider an action job by The Sig Armorer, Robert Burke. He'll really smooth things up for ya.
He can also shorten that reset too...

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Went out today and shot my new/used p239 .40 for the first time.. put about 150 rounds through it with 165 grain fmj with no issues.
Took a few round to get somewhat used to the trigger action. I must i will b adding a srt or qrt trigger to this pistol.
Since i own the p320 and love the trigger on it, i think it would better for finger memory ( if thats what i call it) to have it set up as close to each other as i can....
Remember your 320 is striker fired, unless you have a DAK, or a DAO 239, the transition from double action first shot to single action follow-ups will be different, no way around it.

I don't know how familiar you are with the .40, but normally there are 2 different 165 grain loadings... 1 hot, and 1 not so hot. If you're training to carry a 165 grain defensive load, make sure your training load runs close to the same velocity.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was manufactured in 2005 so I'm unassuming it's the Dak.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
True, really never conidered that at the time. Just found a 239 @ a good price and jumped on it.

馃帠USA Veteran
If your P239 is really a DAK (or DAO), an SRT will be of no use to you. In fact, it won't function in your pistol or more to the point, your pistol won't function with it installed. The SRT only shortens the Single Action reset in a DA/SA pistol. DAKs and DAOs don't have a SA mode.

If your pistol doesn't have a decocking lever for lowering the hammer (from the cocked, SA position), then you have a DAK or DAO pistol. DA/SA, DAK and DAO were all available in 2005 IIRC.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the clarification

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dak

Registered
congratulation to you!
239 is in any caliber is a great choice.
funnest time though will be tomorrow around 9:15 am at the local range with my 239 .357 :D

Premium Member
I picked up a P239 in .357 Sig a few weeks ago. Great shooter, I am happy with her. Need to get some pictures and post 'em.

Reactions: sigke
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.