SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting back into center fire pistol shooting after several years imagine my surprise when I discovered how much it might cost me to replace my beloved Beretta Elite II and Elite 1A! I just love Beretta 92s and Brigadiers in particular, a straight dustcover no warning label 92fs was my very first pistol.

However I ran across an article online about the Wilson Combat Beretta 92 Brig Tac. It had everything on it that I had changed in my 92s in the past, was a 'G' decock only with the 4.7 target crowned barrel and checkering on the frame. Ordered one up last August with the action tune, upgraded springs and mag guide.......and waited (patiently I might add as I have bought several really nice SIGs in the meantime)!

Finally received the long awaited call from Wilson Combat just today. Will have to call back tomorrow to finalize everything since I was eating lunch at a restaurant 200 miles from home at the time, but my Brig Tac is on its way to the pistolsmith for the upgrades!!! I should have it by the end of the month I would guess.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ARRGGHH!! Despite Wilson Combat being on the ball, getting the action tune and mag guide done and shipping out my pistol in time for it to arrive by Friday I won't be able to pick it up until Sunday as I am working double shifts on both Friday AND Saturday:mad:!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Very nice. I almost bought a WC BT I once saw at a local gun show but held off. Then a member of another forum traded me for this 96FS Elite 1A with a Bar-Sto .40 stainless barrel. I had them make me a Sig 357 barrel as well for it. Annnnd, I have a stock 92FS 9mm barrel I use in it.

I almost sold it a while back and now am very glad I didnt.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Very nice. I almost bought a WC BT I once saw at a local gun show but held off. Then a member of another forum traded me for this 96FS Elite 1A with a Bar-Sto .40 stainless barrel. I had them make me a Sig 357 barrel as well for it. Annnnd, I have a stock 92FS 9mm barrel I use in it.

I almost sold it a while back and now am very glad I didnt.

That's a beauty indeed!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First range trip

Made it to the range today with the new Brig Tac and it didn't disappoint! Ran 100%, shot to point of aim and was very accurate. With this pistol I really was able to appreciate the feel, and value of a quality trigger. I thought the double action trigger on my SIG P226 Legion was pretty darn good after installing a Wolff 17lb mainspring but compared to the Wilson Combat I realize how mistaken I was!

The guys at the gun shop where I had the pistol shipped to recalled that I had just received the Brig Tac and asked me how it shot. After a few minutes talking to them I offered to let them try it. You know it is done up right when guys who were admittedly not Beretta guys were more than impressed with it! 'Ran like a Ferarri' was one quote!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.