SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great day it is when you take possession of your unicorn Sig. For me, it has been a P229 triple serial number in 9mm. This example was advertised as NIB, unfired; and from all indications after looking it over scrupulously, that appears to be accurate. The seller was a green forum member who was about as great to deal with as one could hope for. He shipped it overnight/next day upon payment. Thing is, he must've posted his for sale items (this being one) on multiple classifieds, because it was taken down fairly quickly. Luckily, I saw the ad and was able to claim it before it happened.

Now, I have plenty of double serial P229s in various calibers and configurations (number on frame and barrel, frame and slide, etc.), but never a triple serial in 9mm. I know there are those that feel they might not be all that special or rare for that matter, but I have had a heck of a time finding one that either doesn't cost an arm-and-a-leg on GB, hasn't been snagged-up virtually instantaneously one place or another, or hasn't been abused beyond what I'd consider to be desirable to me. So, today was a great day for me when I went to my FFL to pick it up. To shoot or not to shoot...(I pretty much know the answer already):D.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
Dude!

Great find! A triple serial with the solid stainless slide that can digest +P!

Congrats, pal! I'm glad you found one!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Congratulations,
NIB P229 Triple serial #, Legacy slide, no rails.
To shoot or not to shoot that is the question. That should have been a Shakespeare Title.
Keep it virgin as a safe queen or show it off at the range.
What ever you do, ENJOY IT.

Reactions: jsawyer09

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Strong work. I have been on unicorn searches several times (with good results). You need not offer an explanation for why you want what you want. You wanted it because you wanted it. Any suggestion otherwise is without merit.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,263 Posts
Congratulations, on capturing your unicorn! Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Bravo sir!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rare or not, they are damn hard to find. And to me, triple # SIGs are always special because you know with certainty that the major parts are original.
Thanks sir. I agree wholeheartedly, too. Also, when I saw the ad, I thought, 'Where's Q?' (no joke):D
This is the nerd in me, but I think it's kinda cool that the serial is 16500.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strong work. I have been on unicorn searches several times (with good results). You need not offer an explanation for why you want what you want. You wanted it because you wanted it. Any suggestion otherwise is without merit.
That is nice of you to say, and a great way to look at it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's a very nice P229, jsawyer09! I would have a hard time deciding if I would shoot it or not. :)

Didn't SIG put a coupon in the box instead of the second magazine?
Thank you. I agree. I'm going back-and-forth on it, but I think I'm past the days of purchasing things and not shooting them. I should enjoy it, but perhaps as a range toy and nothing else. Really, I feel like it's akin to me buying a top-end Lyra, Dynavector or Ortofon MC cartridge, but not intending to set it up and listen to some vinyl with it (I'm an audio geek).

Good question about the coupon. I didn't even look. Must check it out now. Just saw the warranty card sticking out. I don't suppose Sig would honor a 23 year-old coupon if I found one, eh?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.