SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
First the congress critters want to stop the shipment of firearms parts, now ammunition. Soon, dealer to dealer shipments will suffer. If you can’t get the 2nd amendment blocked, you stop interstate traffic. That they can control.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Two thirds? I find that incredibly hard to believe. I've received 5 different ammo shipments over
the last few weeks. All UPS and no problem with any of them.

Now do I think ALL the carriers "lose" stuff all the time? Yes, especially USPS.
UPS? Hit or miss. They love to pass packages off to the USPS for delivery and
that's where the trouble starts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought some here off the classified section and it made it to Fort Worth where it was stolen. Said it was not packed correctly but seller said it was and I believe him. I hate thiefs.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I received a case of ammo today by UPS. My shippers opaque-wrap the packages or otherwise disguise them. Never had a lost shipment.

Who are these 2/3?

·
🎖USN Veteran
127 Posts
I received a case of ammo today by UPS. My shippers opaque-wrap the packages or otherwise disguise them. Never had a lost shipment.

Who are these 2/3?
The shipped packages are required to have the designated "Hazmat" symbol affixed to them. That sort of tips off everyone that there is ammo in the package. However, I've been buying online for years and never missed a beat with UPS or FEDEX being the transporter. That 2/3 number is completely BS and most likely an attempt to get online ammo buying outlawed.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
The shipped packages are required to have the designated "Hazmat" symbol affixed to them. That sort of tips off everyone that there is ammo in the package. However, I've been buying online for years and never missed a beat with UPS or FEDEX being the transporter. That 2/3 number is completely BS and most likely an attempt to get online ammo buying outlawed.
Mine don’t.

Reactions: hiketheball

·
🎖USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
1,739 Posts
Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Navy guy.
Did it occur to you that that’s why unmarked packages Get through?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have been buying ammo online, from many different vendors, for 10+ years. UPS, or FedEx, it has always arrived with the Hazzard designation on the box. I always marvel at the idiocy of it. In this day and age they should digitally ID it as hazard in their system and not advertise for all the porch pirates to see.

All that said, 10's of thousands of rounds over the years and not a single one lost. I've had a couple show up looking like they were tossed from the back of the truck, with loose rounds rattling around, but not breached.

I also had earlier this year, a FedEx delivery of 1K rounds of .40 cal. left on my walkway, 12 feet from my front door, with the hazard sticker in plain sight facing the street! :confused1:

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Before the 2019 elections and the 2020 ammo crunch, I never ordered ammo online to be delivered. Ammo around here was plentiful and pretty cheap. I could get 9mm at $189.99 a case every day and sometimes 10% off if I bought two. No shipping ... cash and carry.

Since the government take over and big price increases, I have done some online ordering of mostly .22 pistol ammo, several directly from CCI and some from Bud's and Midway and a couple of others too. I've never had a single issue with UPS and have always got my orders. All have HAZMAT stickers on them. And I have never had to sign for ammo. The only time I ever had to sign for anything was for the return of a gun I had sent off for work.

Reactions: MultiSync
1 - 20 of 34 Posts