SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The iron sights on my 320C RX shoot close to point of aim with the middle of the white dot on the front sight even with the top of the rear sight. The red dot shoots close to point of aim when I put it on top of the front sight lined up as above. I don't think the tall sights come in different numbers like the regular sights do, at least I could not find them on Sigs web sight.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Don't cowitness with the irons after you get the red dot locked in. Just focus on the target and the dot and don't line it up with the sights, otherwise you're wasting the whole point of the red dot and adding even more complication to your target acquisition process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
My P320rx full size front sight has a #6 stamped on it. It shoots low so I called sig to see if they have a #8 front sight for the RX model, sadly they do not. They told me the suppressor sights that come on the RX model are the only sights they carry, none shorter or taller available.

I have found other manufacturers that make front suppressor sights in multiple heights. Some use the measurement from the top of the slide to the top of the sights to determine how much you need to increase or decrease the height to get the bullet to impact where you want it to. Others you need to include the dovetail as well so you have to remove the front sight you have now and measure from the bottom of the sight to the top of the sight.

You can do a Google search for a front sight calculator and you will find web sites that will help you to determine what front sight height you need.

My red dot is not co-witnessed with the front sight, if I do this it shoots low just like using the irons. Plus having the irons right there with the dot clutters the sight picture. When I use the red dot my irons are in the lower 1/3 of the glass just like my AR's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brand new to the P320 RX and am having a devil of a time with the red dot. The iron sights seem to be pretty much right on, but can't say much for the red dot.

Should I try aligning the red dot with my bore sight laser to get something going? If I just use the red dot it is way off target.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Brand new to the P320 RX and am having a devil of a time with the red dot. The iron sights seem to be pretty much right on, but can't say much for the red dot...

So, iron sights are spot on? Why would you NOT co witness the red dot to your irons?

Please study true experts like Jeff Gonzalez, Steve "Yeti" Fisher and even Gabe Suarez on rds use on handguns. Keyboard commandos not so much. All the best and good luck. BTW - flame on.

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
Brand new to the P320 RX and am having a devil of a time with the red dot. The iron sights seem to be pretty much right on, but can't say much for the red dot.

Should I try aligning the red dot with my bore sight laser to get something going? If I just use the red dot it is way off target.
No... don't waste your time with the bore sight. If your iron sights are spot on, merely adjust your red dot so that both the iron and the red dot are on target.
Once you get close, forget about the iron sights and put that red dot on target and see where your shot goes. Red dot and hole should be the same spot.

·
Registered
639 Posts
With my P320C RX the red dot was aligned perfectly with the center dot of the front sight when you aligned front/back Iron sights up as if you were actually shooting at something.

I bought a cheap gun rest and with the Iron sights only they were hitting about 1.5 inches directly below the bullseye so I adjusted the red dot up a bit and now it is dead on at 7 yards..

Now I only use the red dot to aim not the iron sights..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I see that people are having similar issues I went through when i got the P320c RX.

Lessons learned.

• As stated above, do not co-witness, really no point.
  • Ignore the iron sights completely.
  • I have both eyes open and focus on target while looking through Romeo.
  • Overlay the redot and you will hit where the dot is on target.
  • My sight did have to be zeroed in as it was off when received. @ 25 yards it was still on paper. I benched it and dialed in the Romeo. Since then it has been point and shoot.
It took a bit to get used. I think a few hundred rounds and it started feeling natural for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.