SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It definitely has some snap to it.
I put 14 rounds down range and while it got a decent group, I wasn’t satisfied.

Font Circle Recreation Precision sports Pattern
Cylinder Tints and shades Art Metal Auto part

This was the ammo I was using. Haven’t put a magnet to it to see if it’s aluminum or steel.
Definitely not the gun my P220 is.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Is this your first 1911?
The 1911 takes some getting used to, especially the trigger. But once you do it will probably be the most accurate 45 you own. The short barrel of the 1911UC also takes some getting used to; very unforgiving of any kind of flinch (we all flinch now & then).
Concentrate on your trigger pull. You want to pull the trigger straight back, which usually means you need to be able to feel the left side of the trigger face (for a right hander).
I'm sure your groups will shrink to a fraction of what you're seeing with your first outing.
The SIG 1911UC is a fine handgun. You're going to love it! The two of you just need to get better acquainted.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this your first 1911?
The 1911 takes some getting used to, especially the trigger. But once you do it will probably be the most accurate 45 you own. The short barrel of the 1911UC also takes some getting used to; very unforgiving of any kind of flinch (we all flinch now & then).
Concentrate on your trigger pull. You want to pull the trigger straight back, which usually means you need to be able to feel the left side of the trigger face (for a right hander).
I'm sure your groups will shrink to a fraction of what you're seeing with your first outing.
The SIG 1911UC is a fine handgun. You're going to love it! The two of you just need to get better acquainted.
Not my first 1911, but first Officer's size (I think that would apply to this pistol).
I have a P220 that I use for qualification. I shoot it a little better.
BTW, I found out the bullet casings were zinc plated.

Sleeve Art Font Recreation Gas

My P220 groupings, same ammo (Silver Bear).

·
Premium Member
5,090 Posts
I currently have 3 P220's and 1 1911. I shoot any of the 3 better than any 1911 I ever had.
I've had some good one's and some great one's.
A P220 is the next step in the evolution of the pistol.

It uses the mechanics developed by John Browning in the 1911 and the P35
with a few modifications, and here it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts