SIG Talk banner

Finally found a superb W. German 226!

2693 37
I've been looking for months for a clean, complete W. German 226 for a non-astronomical price. I almost stopped looking when I found a CPO-226 less than a week ago for a great price locally. Today however I found locally the W. German 226 that I've been hoping for.

It's an all matching JJ ('88) dated 226 in excellent condition. It has the single scallop on the rails but is not the mud rail variant from '86/'87. It's definitely been fired but I can't find any finish wear whatsoever. The original zip backed mags, matching box and test target are all present (no manual however - did they originally come with a manual? If so, where might I find one?). The icing on the cake is that at the bottom of the box I found the receipt from when the original owner purchased it on 12/22/1990. I paid $550 total which I think is pretty good given how complete everything is and what I've seen these sell for lately.

I didn't buy this strictly as a collectors item and safe queen, but it's so nice that honestly I might shoot it once, clean it and put it away and instead shoot just the CPO-226.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Nice!!

Put up a Classified ad here and on the green site for a period-correct manual to round out the package. Someone will have one for you I'm sure.

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Nice Find, this is what the Owners manual should look like, good luck finding one, since at least you have the box, and target.
The manual for my '90 P220 is on the right. During that period each model had its own manual IIRC.

Attachments

Reactions: asdfzxcv

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I normally don't care about a complete set, but given the irreplaceable components (matching box, target, even receipt) are there I feel like I should finish it off with the manual. I see two on gunbroker but they're from the '90's.

How did the original owner buy it tax exempt?
NH does not have sales tax.

Premium Member
Nice. I've got a JJ P226 (U1888XX) also. I bought it a few years ago for $625. Mine didn't come with the box or target but I've since purchased them. Mine was shot very little and is in great condition. They are great shooters. Congrats.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm kind of surprised this one hasn't been bought yet, unless there's something I'm missing it seems like a great deal - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/645231697

Nice. I've got a JJ P226 (U1888XX) also. I bought it a few years ago for $625. Mine didn't come with the box or target but I've since purchased them. Mine was shot very little and is in great condition. They are great shooters. Congrats.
Mine is S/N U350XXX. It seems Sig really ramped up production in '88 given the span of S/N's I've seen on '88 P226's.

Registered
I would like to have a CPO P226 just like the one you have. Where did you get it? PM me. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For those of you with manuals with your 1980's W. German 226's...where is the date on the manual located? Trying to determine the date of manuals I see for sale and it doesn't appear to be printed on the front cover.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.