SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally did it, found a pristine older Marlin 336CS. Serial number identifies it as being made in 1993.

She's chambered in .35 Remington, which I didn't know much about. It's a 200 grain bullet traveling over 2000 fps.... should do a fine job at dropping hogs under 200 yards.

She came with this nice little leather cover for the stock, the scope and mount, and about 50 rounds of .35 to get me started.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, .35 was my first hunting rifle which I still have 40+ years later.
Got a favorite round? It came with 40 hornady and 10 Remington Corelok

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll probably start hand loadin. Ammo is expensive for this one!

Reactions: disseminator

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Very nice. I "collect" levers. I figure they were good enough for so long and prior to living in a non-commie state, they were never looked at as a weapon of war, just an old hunting rifle.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Congrats! The .35 Remington is a fantastic round. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. It's a fine looking rifle! I recently picked up a Winchester M94 .30-30, so I understand the feeling. These guns are just really, really neat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great hunting rifle.
My first lever gun was similar with a Leupold 2.5 compact sitting on it.
There are some good bullets available for reloading to bring out the true potential of that round.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,034 Posts
Congratulations, nice acquisition, the .35 was a popular deer and black bear cartridge in the north years ago. As the others stated reloading probably your best bet to maintain any kind of stockpile of ammunition. Besides "expensive", it's probably one of those "seasonal" rounds, they only crank out just prior to "deer season".
What have you scoped it with, or was that part of the package?

Reactions: disseminator
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.