SIG Talk banner

Finally did it.... first lever gun

1574 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Willard
Finally did it, found a pristine older Marlin 336CS. Serial number identifies it as being made in 1993.

She's chambered in .35 Remington, which I didn't know much about. It's a 200 grain bullet traveling over 2000 fps.... should do a fine job at dropping hogs under 200 yards.

She came with this nice little leather cover for the stock, the scope and mount, and about 50 rounds of .35 to get me started.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
5,101 Posts
Congrats! The .35 Remington is a fantastic round. I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. It's a fine looking rifle! I recently picked up a Winchester M94 .30-30, so I understand the feeling. These guns are just really, really neat.

· Resident Armorer Premium Member
15,098 Posts
Congratulations, nice acquisition, the .35 was a popular deer and black bear cartridge in the north years ago. As the others stated reloading probably your best bet to maintain any kind of stockpile of ammunition. Besides "expensive", it's probably one of those "seasonal" rounds, they only crank out just prior to "deer season".
What have you scoped it with, or was that part of the package?

Reactions: disseminator
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.