SIG Talk banner

Finally acquired a P229 Legion

1847 59
I have been lusting after a P229 Legion for the better part of a decade, since the first time I held one at a gun show. I finally picked mine up Sunday and it did not disappoint. I went to the range after work last night and this pistol has ruined my other pistols for me. Granted, this is my first all metal pistol so, there's that. But the P229 shoots so smooth. I thought the DA would be a problem since I have primarily shot strikers up to this point. If I do my part this thing is an absolute tack driver. I can't wait to get back to the range!
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

馃帠USA Retired
Congratulations. I had been drooling at one at my local PX but didn't have the funds.

Premium Member
I currently have two P229s in MD State Police 7-day jail, a WE29R-9-Legion RXP, and a E29R-9-Legion SAO RXP. They are great guns, and well worth waiting for. Congratulations on your ownership.

Registered
Bravo Zulu on the P229 Legion acquisition! Truly a phenomenal shooter, and one that will certainly increase your ammo purchasing & consumption. Well worth the wait.
(track down a threaded barrel and can for it as well)
Purple Air gun Everyday carry Trigger Gun barrel

Registered
I have been lusting after a P229 Legion for the better part of a decade, since the first time I held one at a gun show. I finally picked mine up Sunday and it did not disappoint. I went to the range after work last night and this pistol has ruined my other pistols for me. Granted, this is my first all metal pistol so, there's that. But the P229 shoots so smooth. I thought the DA would be a problem since I have primarily shot strikers up to this point. If I do my part this thing is an absolute tack driver. I can't wait to get back to the range!
View attachment 490002
I was the same way with a 226 Legion kept waiting and waiting and finally got one, then regretted not getting one day one.. absolutely fantastic pistols congrats on your pick up

Registered
SIG P226, SIG P229 Legion, SIG 1911 Target

Happy Holidays!
Same here with the lusting and delayed gratification. Got the same beautiful thing last month.

Question: How's the slide release workin' for ya? I think I need a pair of large channel lock pliers to engage (True, but I will not do!). I've resorted to pulling the slide back to release. I have a 10 year-old P226 non-Legion, and slide release is slicker than snot on a door knob! Translation: An effortless flick of the thumb and it's done.

Doubtless an old grump will tell me this has been covered in another thread. God Bless you! Thanks, I already know that, but thought appropriate to mention as DamnYankee just bought the piece.

Best wished to all!
View attachment 490002

21 - 40 of 60 Posts