SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
SIG/ZEV/Icarus P365XL Custom
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the build! Internals, externals, purely cosmetic parts, it's all done. And it functions flawlessly; brass and steel case alike!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Pattern

Parts list:
  • SIG P365XL Slide Completion Kit
  • SIG P365XL Recoil Spring
  • ZEV Z365XL Octane Slide w/ RMSC Optic Cut, Black DLC Coating
  • ZEV Z365XL PRO Barrel, Black DLC Coating
  • ZEV Combat Sights, Fiber Optic
  • Icarus Precision Upgraded A.C.E. 365 XL Hybrid Grip Module, Anodized Black
  • SIG Custom Works P365 FCU
  • ZEV Extended Mag Release
  • Streamlight TLR-7 Sub Ultra-Compact Tactical Gun Light
  • Hogue P365XL HandAll Beavertail Grip Sleeve
  • NDZ Rear Slide Plate Green
  • Holosun HE507K-GR X2 Reflex Sight
  • Lightning Strike Firing Pin Striker
Not a single stone unturned.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok...why go with custom stippled grip module? just to cover it with a rubber grip??? but nice gun......
Went with Icarus for the aluminum frame. Just has that extra sturdiness. But unfortunately, I learned I didn’t quite like the feel of it. So I tried the $15 grip and liked it better. I wish that wasn’t how it turned out, but oh well.

Reactions: hauki and imbue

·
Registered
567 Posts
Interested in this gun to replace my carry. Of all the mods/ upgrades, which ones do you think impacted performance the most? How about that light as far as keeping the gun down? Does it come off during the day or is it on lockdown? If it comes off, guessing it changes the performance/ handling? If so, does that throw you off?

also, if you were to build another version, which mods would you reuse, which ones would you go in another direction for?

Really nice looker btw, congrats.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Interested in this gun to replace my carry. Of all the mods/ upgrades, which ones do you think impacted performance the most? How about that light as far as keeping the gun down? Does it come off during the day or is it on lockdown? If it comes off, guessing it changes the performance/ handling? If so, does that throw you off?

also, if you were to build another version, which mods would you reuse, which ones would you go in another direction for?

I can't speak for the OP, but I do have a similar setup.

• Best "performance" mod has to be a red dot, for so many reasons (besides training/ammo).
  • Best bang for buck - Hogue grip. For $10 it completely changes how the grip feels. Everyone should at least throw in the $10 and give it a try, even if you end up hating it.
  • I don't notice that the light keeps the gun down and I usually always keep it on the rail unless I really need "deep concealment." Say at a wedding or something when I'm wearing a suit.
  • Zev Slide is nice and allows you to keep co-witness to irons, but I wouldn't say it's a worthwhile upgrade or recommend it as a "must have". Far from it.
  • Extended mags are give and take. I rarely carry them myself. Two mags: 24-25 rds has always seemed enough for me to get out of trouble (not looking for trouble).
  • I also have a lighter trigger, aftermarket recoil spring (DPM), threaded barrel, compensator(s), both XL and standard length slides, and all of them do not make night and day differences in the way the gun performs for me. They are small incremental changes. The P365 is already fairly good stock. Very low bore axis, high capacity, decent trigger, in a compact package. To me, you're already 90% there just getting a P365.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,353 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what was the tab for all of those modifications?

Reactions: Halen and hauki

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,541 Posts
Nope…. Something about doing all that to a carry gun, have to use it, get it confiscated, explain to the jury why you did all those mods to better kill people. At least that’s how the prosecutor is going to try and convince the jury.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

I agree with a whole lot of what BavZHP said. In full honesty, most of the components of the handgun are there for cosmetics simply because I like the look and the name. But the parts that truly made a difference in the handgun would be the Custom Works FCU, Holosun, and Hogue overmold. I went balls to the wall on this one, but it's unnecessary to produce a high performance aftermarket P365XL. Hell, the gun is almost flawless completely stock!

To directly answer your questions...
  • FCU best increased performance due to lighter, crisper trigger pull
  • Holosun at a close second, allowing for more precise aiming
  • Hogue in third place because the small frame 365 can be tiresome to hold onto after a while
  • The light utilizes a press-to-activate button, so it will never turn on inside of a Kydex holster
  • The TLR-7 Sub is very lightweight, so there is little to no effect mitigating recoil
  • If I started again from scratch, I would use a grip module that is compatible with all of the standard P365XL holsters. Finding holsters for my Icarus grip has been a nightmare
  • I would also maybe get a different slide and barrel. ZEV is super nice and performance driven, but I would rather get a slide with more cuts or flare paired with a threaded barrel

Thank you for the questions!

Reactions: imbue

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, what is left of the original P365XL?
The extractor and recoil spring :ROFLMAO: I bought every part individually and pieced it together with a slide completion kit. The "original P365XL" never actually existed, though I have owned one before.

Reactions: Superzuki

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you don't mind me asking what was the tab for all of those modifications?
I don't mind at all!

This price is before taxes and shipping; just the pure price tag you'll read on a website. But also, it doesn't take into account online sales, in person deals, or general price drops I've found. So all in all, this isn't the true price I paid, but it is approximately what the parts come out to be.

No tax, no shipping, no mags, no holsters...
$2,106.00

I'll never be able to sell it for what I put into it and no, it doesn't shoot like a $2k handgun would out of the factory. It doesn't compete with Taran Tactical or Wilson Combats. But it's mine and I built it and I don't regret it one bit. I recommend the investment of time, money, and personal opinion to anyone looking to modify their firearm!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts