SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday afternoon I my 716 out for the fifth time since buying it late January. My son and I went through about 160 rounds of IMI 150 gr. ball ammo. We were shooting at 100 yds with a red dot. I felt like I couldn't miss. The groups were 2-3 inches, with a 4 moa dot. Gotta scope it!
My round count is about 600 now. So far not a single issue.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Congratulations, sounds like you got as good one! Does it have the dual ejectors? I'm curious if they have went back to that configuration as the standard now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good to hear!! Mine is going back to sig to get some work done. I got it a few years ago but haven't shot it much. Just took it pig hunting so I needed to make sure it shot good. I had a few failure to feed and fires but after a good cleaning it seemed to cycle ok. What it does tho and smash the tip of the round, put a X on the side of the bullet, and light primer strike the round when I just hit the bolt release. Guess good thing no discharges...but the accuracy sucked. I took it hunting and what I would do is manually drop the first round in so it would shoot straight. I did lay a pig down in one shot too so not a total loss...now it goes to the doctor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm sure sig will fix it up for me. For the record too the ftf were a few years ago when I first shot it. Once I cleaned it back then it fires and feeds good. Just jacks up the tip and hits the primer too hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sig rocks this coming week taking my 716 out, the snow is pretty much gone from the range so I don't have to dig brass out of the snow:) time to rock and roll again, haven't had it out but three times cuz of the weather but never had a single malfunction despite reviews here and there changed a few parts for my own selfish reasons lol. GOT SIG?

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.