SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to put a FO front sight on my 9mm 250.

Anyone have any suggestions, experience, advice?

Can I have my smith do it or do I have to send it to Sig? (I don't need or want night sights....but with my old(er) eyes fiber optics work better than 3-dot white ones.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I bought a set of punches and a vise and did my own front TFO on my Legion. I scratched up the finish a bit, but, you know, it's a Legion, so it's going to need a refinish soon anyway.

You can probably have your Smith do it, but I'd inquire what they do for testing and such after. I thought I had mine centered perfectly, but a bench shoot at the range proved it needed a another tap over a bit before it hit perfectly.

I am not sure what the pricing difference is, but I highly recommend a TFO for the best of both worlds.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
It depends on what you're using the gun for. If it is a range or competition gun, then I'd say sure, a nice fiber optic sight is fine. Truglo offers a good product. However, if you intend to use the gun for defense then I would recommend keeping the three dot or getting a decent set of night sights. If you insist on not keeping those then perhaps a laser will work better for you, or you can look into MOS. The thing about the FO sights is that they're prone to breaking more so than other sights, unless you get the Truglo sights which sort of encases the FO. That's what I would recommend if you're set on FO sights for your gun. Truglo FO sights are probably the most popular on the market.

https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-pro-handgun-sights.asp

·
Registered
556 Posts
I really like the TFO front sight on my P320 FS 9mm. I plan to put one on my P250 FS 9mm as well.

If you are looking to DYI, then I would recommend getting a sight pusher. It will pay for itself after just a couple of uses. So far, I have changed out sights on my P226 and my P320 with no problems whatsoever. It took me maybe 20 mins for each gun, mainly because I had never done it before.

I use this sight pusher below:

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Ha...TF8&qid=1498055807&sr=8-4&keywords=sight+tool

It is well worth the money. The cost is comparable to what I would have paid for a vise, punch set, and mallet.

Others will recommend other sight pusher, some of which are made specifically for SIGs. Those are good too, but from what I've seen, they are much more expensive. For my purposes, this universal sight tool is exactly what I need. Its a great design, small company, made in USA, good stuff.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response. I'll check out the TFOs....and the gun is for range use. My bedside gun is a Lionheart with a headlight and my carry guns are two Walthers (P99ASc and PPS) and a S&W 640 wheelie.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My P250 9mm has a #6 sight on the front, but many of the after market sights say to use a #8. I have not bench rest the gun but it may shoot a little low from what I can tell. Would I be better to go with the #8 on the front sight?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.