SIG Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got lucky and found a nice P225 barrel (not -A1), but when I got it, it definitely looks like the angle of the feed ramp has been steepened, and thus the length (from back of the chamber to the the tip of the ramp) is a over a millimeter shorter than the others I have. It's definitely not meeting the back of the locking insert like my others.

So... let's have some opinions on this. I've cycled a couple of mags through it and it feeds fine, but have yet to take it to the range for real testing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
55,887 Posts
is it marked the same as the other 225 barrels??

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
One millimeter isn't a lot a whole lot, about .040" for my old brain which is still calibrated in decimals and inches. Be interesting to compare the actual angle of the feed ramp with either a small protractor or just hold it side-by-side with another barrel and see if they changed angle (which seems sort of unlikely) or if they shortened the depth of the ramp for clearance or some reason?

In any case, the bullet meplat should clear the angle cut on the locking insert on most bullets anyway, and not be able to impact the aft edge of the barrel ramp due to geometry - I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts