SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the SIG world and I just got a brand new P320C and it seems the 15th round in both of the magazines that came with the gun won't feed in. It gets stuck at an angle. When I only loaded 14, it worked fine.

My last set only had 7 rounds and the 7th had the same issue though, but may have been a fluke.

I was using Blazer Brass 115g and also another brand that I forgot.

What could be causing this?

Also, Im not sure if this is supposed to happen with SIG's, but the casings eject backwards into my head/face. My other guns eject pretty clear to the right.

· Registered
282 Posts
Huh..
mine never have that ejection issue, although some other brands of semiautos do Eject up and back toward my head..

As for the failure to feed on the last round, it it only with one mag or several?
Edit-- I see you said it happens with both the factory supplied 15 round mags.

My guess is that it's related to the spring being weak, I've never had or heard of this with p320 mags tho.

Maybe the ammo is seating forward on the last round and the nose is catching on the front of the mag a little, next time it does it try to take a pic of the ftf, is the jammed round nose up or down?

· Registered
19,375 Posts
It could be possible that the first round you load in the mag wasn't all the way back, but I doubt it since it is the easiest to load.

As a magazine gets nearer to being empty, the magazine spring gets more and more relaxed, having lost some of its potential energy stored from compression, with each round fired. This translates into the magazine feeding each round to the top slower and slower as each round is stripped from the magazine. When you get down to the last round, the spring is nearest to its weakest point of compression inside the magazine. If the spring is too weak, and thus too slow in feeding, the speed of the recoil spring moving the slide forward will "out-run" the ability of the magazine to get the last round(s) into proper position before the slide passes the point where it would grab the base of the case to strip the next round from the magazine.

My concern is that SIG, or rather the manufacturer of the magazine for SIG, has either gone to a weaker spring or they just supplied a bad batch of mags to SIG. It sounds like the springs you have are just too weak.

I would contact SIG and tell them what is happening. They will likely replace the magazines.

Then test out the ones that they send you to make sure that they are okay.

· Registered
1,798 Posts
Are you new to shooting semi-Autos. If so the brass to your face could be your grip. When my wife first started shooting semi. she had that happen. It does not now. I was shooting weak hand and had brass come back and hit me in the head. Shooting left handed the brass is crossing your body. After some practice the brass usually clears without hitting me. You may want to wear a hat with a front brim when shooting to help keep any hot brass from slipping behind your shooting glasses.

As to the last round, I can only advise I have a compact and sub compact and have not had that problem. Bought extra mags. they are Italian they work without a problem.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the replies and welcomes.

I went back to the range today and shot over 8 magazines worth. To my surprise, it was working perfectly until the last shot of the 8th magazine. The gun just clicked instead of shooting. I drew back the slide and the bullet was still perfectly in the magazine. I loaded another two magazines and the same happened on the last round of each one.

I then started just loading 2 rounds and had a mix of misfires. The bullet was either perfectly in the magazine or stuck at a high angle (towards vertical), or worked just fine. I'm not sure if this started happening again because it got hot. The first time I ever shot it (yesterday), as mentioned before, it happened on every 15th round, even when cool. Maybe the second cleaning helped after the first time at the range.

The magazines say Made in the USA. I'm thinking I should try the Italian ones as mentioned here.

I'm uploading a picture of the magazine showing a notch that has been forming on it. It's on both factory magazines. Not sure if that's supposed to happen.

On the casing hitting my head issue, it was a bit mixed today. I think it might be more my grip. This gun may be more sensitive to grip than others. I have a S&W SW99 and S&W Shield 9mm. I have shot a Glock 19 & 26 and a SIG SP2022 and never had the problem before.

Attachments

· Registered
133 Posts
It says 26-Dec-2016
Ok- Then it is a newer pistol and should have most of the upgrades. Mine are close to the same build dates.

My guess ammo or mag. problem.

Contact Sig and advise them of the situation. Maybe they will send a new mag or two. Do you have any friends that have the same pistol that you could borrow a few mags from? Maybe try a LGS or Range.

· Registered
202 Posts
..."I'm uploading a picture of the magazine showing a notch that has been forming on it. It's on both factory magazines. Not sure if that's supposed to happen."

I have six each of the 15rd and 17rd mags mixed Italian and USA made and all with hundreds of rounds through them. None of mine have that "groove" that your pic shows.

Maybe pop the base plate off your mags and see if there is some type of defect or something inside the mag. I don't know though, if its happening on both your mags.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.