SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Hydra Shoks are excellent I carried it since I got my CCW permit. If you have a full size pistol, you're good to go.

With that said, I switched to 124 grain and 115 grain Speer Gold Dot. Since Hydra Shoks are getting harder to find.

Registered
I use Gold Dot or Remington Golden Saber exclusively in autoloaders.
I use HST in my revolver. HST has some bad press with respect to FTF with sticking on the feed ramps.

Reactions: Redline727

Banned
Any of those will work fine. They're three of the top offerings, so just pick one, or get all, and you'll be well served.

Registered
I use HST in my revolver. HST has some bad press with respect to FTF with sticking on the feed ramps.
Could you link to some of this bad press, as I haven't seen anything negative about HST rounds.

I use 124 grain HST rounds in my carry gun, Glock 43; my nightstand gun, P229 Legion; and in a Kel Tec Sub 2000 and haven't had any problems.

Registered
I've used them all. I have tested each in my carry and HD guns, and all work well. I'd offer that GDs are common for LEOs in my area, so i go with that first, but have plenty of HSTs in my possession as well.

As others said, pick up each, test 50-100 in each carry or HD piece. Decide what works best for you and your firearm.

Banned
I was surprised how soft shooting the HST 147 +P is in my handguns including my Walther PPS.
I was also surprised by that in my 19. Extremely soft shooting.

Registered
Could you link to some of this bad press, as I haven't seen anything negative about HST rounds.

I use 124 grain HST rounds in my carry gun, Glock 43; my nightstand gun, P229 Legion; and in a Kel Tec Sub 2000 and haven't had any problems.
I ran into it on a couple of the Glock boards last year. There was also some conversation about it on the Walter forum, and on the Defensive Carry Forum.

Registered
I currently carry 147gr gold dots in all of my CC weapons. I shoot 147gr FMJ at the range for target shooting. The 147 is surprisingly soft as others have stated.

I would carry with HST if I could find them. All my local gun stores are always out of stock on them. I even searched the net a few times with none to be found anywhere. Georgia Arms is 8 miles from my house and they have thousands of 147gr gold dots on hand all the time so this is what I carry. I buy a few hundred at a time and carry them for a year then I shoot them and buy a few hundred fresh rounds to replace them.

Replacing ammo that's only a year old is a little excessive but I believe we should shoot what we carry every once and a while so I came up with this yearly rotation because it allows me to shoot my carry ammo and keeps fresh ammo in my magazines.

Registered
Most LEOs are issued Speer Gold Dot ammo for duty.
Along with Winchester Ranger T-Series and Ranger Bonded. I will buy HST, Gold Dot, or Ranger T/ Bonded without a second though, simply based on who has what in stock for a decent price. As far as I'm concerned the three are pretty much interchangeable. I do like that Ranger are available in +P+...I'm not sure if the other two are or not.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.