SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i first got my Romeo 4B it worked great. A friend of mine that hates red dots said it was the best he had seen. After a short time it started acting up, couldn't change reticles, couldn't control the brightness/dimness. Called CS and was treated great by the rep. who emailed me a return shipping label immediately. I was told 2-4 weeks turnaround. After 5 weeks I called and was told that he would check into the problem. A couple days later I got an email that said there was a warehouse problem and i would get a complete new unit. It took over 2 weeks to arrive and it doesn't work. The -button is inoperative. I can't change reticles and can't reduce the brightness. So, I called again and will have to send the unit back AGAIN. Not happy!

·
Registered
373 Posts
stupid question but did you try replacing to battery? the battery that came with my 4m was absolute ****. the optic would turn on but the reticle wouldn't switch.

called SIG and they asked me if I tried a new battery. I thought they were crazy, the thing was brand new and it was turning on, set up the RMA got the return label. For S+G I grabbed an energizer that's been in a drawer for years. Worked perfectly.

Cheap Chinese batteries.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stupid question but did you try replacing to battery? the battery that came with my 4m was absolute ****. the optic would turn on but the reticle wouldn't switch.

called SIG and they asked me if I tried a new battery. I thought they were crazy, the thing was brand new and it was turning on, set up the RMA got the return label. For S+G I grabbed an energizer that's been in a drawer for years. Worked perfectly.

Cheap Chinese batteries.
Not a battery issue, the - button didn't work. To make things worse, Sig CS told me to send the new one back and they would send another one. Sent it back, and was then told they didn't have anymore and the 4B has been discontinued and replaced by the 4H which isn't available yet. Who would of thought?

·
Registered
9,040 Posts
But, but? It's made in China and it's got SIG's name on it! How could it not be good? I'm sure there are some who would pay more with no hesitation for a Chinese "SIG" optic than for a Chinese "YukFoo" optic. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not a battery issue, the - button didn't work. To make things worse, Sig CS told me to send the new one back and they would send another one. Sent it back, and was then told they didn't have anymore and the 4B has been discontinued and replaced by the 4H which isn't available yet. Who would of thought?
I heard a rumor that the new romeo 4s were going to be made in the US. Aside from what I assume will be a wait, you'll probably end up with a better optic.

My 4M was made in china, but I'd have more confidence if it was made here.

I'm sure all the components are going to be the same, but what I'd like to see is better American QC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.