SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Very sad indeed. He was at a huge huge disadvantage being robbed and may have lived if he just left his gun alone and let the robbers take what they wanted.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
About a year ago I saw a training video of an off-duty cop who is standing on line at 24 hr drug store. There were just a handful of people queued up when a BG enters and from under his coat he pulls out a sawed off shotgun. Although no sound, you can see he's barking orders and everyone is standing perfectly still. The BG is also yelling down one of the aisles. His attention is riveted on whoever it is he's yelling at. Meantime you see the cop very slowly and with little movement take his right hand and push aside his jacket and appears to grab hold of his gun. The BG turns back towards the group with the cop but he doesn't notice the cop's hand. As the BG turns his attention back down the aisle the cop very smoothly draws his gun and fires one shot killing the BG.

You get the impression that if he couldn't get his shot the cop would've let the BG go for another day. But he waited patiently and was calm and cool. It was the BG that was all herky-jerky.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
You get the impression that if he couldn't get his shot the cop would've let the BG go for another day. But he waited patiently and was calm and cool. It was the BG that was all herky-jerky.
The thing you have to remember always is to be ready, and take your time. Wait for it, and take it when it happens.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
The thing you have to remember always is to be ready, and take your time. Wait for it, and take it when it happens.
Patience is a virtue. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I hear a lot of shop owners having guns and shotguns behind the counter. But they need to spend more effort training to use them effectively. Yes, very sad situation. But sometimes, better to lose some money than losing lives.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Very sad outcome.

If a person chooses to possess a firearm, that decision should also come with a commitment to enough training with it to be safe and effective.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very sad indeed. He was at a huge huge disadvantage being robbed and may have lived if he just left his gun alone and let the robbers take what they wanted.
I agree 100% here.

He seems to be surrounded and outnumbered as well as outgunned. Without even getting into his choice of whether or not to have a round chambered it would have taken near perfect precision and actions to get all the bad guys before at least one could fire on him. In his defense, is so easy to make a mistake when in these horrible situations.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Just because you carry a gun doesn't necessarily mean you should. Not having a round chambered tells me this guy didn't know what he was doing.
HE either had a lack of experience or a Nagging Wife.

Reactions: Blu

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
There's a lot more to carrying a gun than simply carrying a gun.
You got that right. I have a friend who just got his CPL a few months ago. Nice guy and all, but a bit hard headed.

He carries his Glock (sigh) with no round chambered and gangsta style.

I have tried and tried to convince him that could be a possible deadly mistake, and he still doesn't "get it".

I just sent him this video. Perhaps he will listen now............maybe. I ain't holdin' my breath for it though.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
What is gangsta style?

There's another vid of a guy at a store that gets robbed, he also has to chamber a round before he can make it go bang.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
Tucked in the waistband of his breeches..........NO holster.
Ah, then the empty chamber makes sense in pragmatic sort of way. :D

I've heard a number of "trainers" advise people worried about carrying loaded to do so minus the round. At the end of the day, check your weapon to see if the hammer fell. If not, then know that the hammer won't fall on a chambered round either. Work yourself into carrying with a round in the chamber. Baby steps and all that. Seems sound advice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts