SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. About a month ago I decided I was gonna be in the market for a new rifle. Originally decided to go with an 556xi I had seen on Gunbroker. Then I did a dreaded, "ehhh lets see what else is out there before I buy" last look. Came upon a CPO MCX on sale for a really good price. Stretched my budget a little but decided it might be worth it seeing how much I love my MPX. So I purchased it and figured the wife would make me do some time sleeping on the couch worst case. Got the rifle into my FFL and was really hoping the trigger wasnt as bad as I had heard, and it was. Since I didn have too much money left for upgrades decided to go with a Geissele G2S trigger and Sig Romeo 5 combo. To say I am happy with my MCX in an understatement. Love the balance and lightweight of it. Has shot great with Federal 5.56 55 grain, Perfecta .223, and Wolf .223. Has managed to become the rifle I take out with me every range trip. The only thing that nags at me is the thought of having to send it back for BCG replacement but for now am really enjoying a great rifle. Attached a pic of it and a target I shot at 50 yds offhand.

Attachments

Registered
Congrats!! There seems to be a MPX/MCX gang growing here!!?? Ha - one day, perhaps I'll have to courage to add an MPX to my MCX too...

Cheers

Registered
If you don't plan to ever shoot 300BLK then I'd seriously consider never sending it in. $0.01
I haven't looked too much into the replacement, but why would you suggest getting it done if you are shooting 300 BO. Have there been more issues with the old BCG with 300 BO as opposed to other calibers?

Registered
So far I am in total agreement with that. Never had a problem with my MCX firing 5.56 and the recall from Sig only addresses a possible slam firing problem with .300 not 5.56. So I'll hang on to my original BCG for now. Would like to just buy the new one if possible since I really am not anxious to send in the current one and take my MCX out of service.

Reactions: nutrition76

Registered
I have experienced the slam fire. 300blk So I did the BCG exchange. What I cannot understand is, why there is an issue with the 300blk and not the 5.56? As I understand it, the cartridge is the same. Except, of course in .30 and not.22
Maybe I missed something? Just doesn't make sense.

Registered
YouTubers are saying the reason MCX had slam fires with a single 300Blk ammo maker was the non-mil spec primers used in that manufacturer's loads. Apparently, all 223/5.56 ammo runs a harder mil spec primers, because AR type rifles cycle include a momentum driven firing pin strike with every loaded round. The harder 223/5.56 primers are designed safe for these light-primer strikes - but not that single 300Blk maker...

Cheers

Registered
Hello all. About a month ago I decided I was gonna be in the market for a new rifle. Originally decided to go with an 556xi I had seen on Gunbroker. Then I did a dreaded, "ehhh lets see what else is out there before I buy" last look. Came upon a CPO MCX on sale for a really good price. Stretched my budget a little but decided it might be worth it seeing how much I love my MPX. So I purchased it and figured the wife would make me do some time sleeping on the couch worst case. Got the rifle into my FFL and was really hoping the trigger wasnt as bad as I had heard, and it was. Since I didn have too much money left for upgrades decided to go with a Geissele G2S trigger and Sig Romeo 5 combo. To say I am happy with my MCX in an understatement. Love the balance and lightweight of it. Has shot great with Federal 5.56 55 grain, Perfecta .223, and Wolf .223. Has managed to become the rifle I take out with me every range trip. The only thing that nags at me is the thought of having to send it back for BCG replacement but for now am really enjoying a great rifle. Attached a pic of it and a target I shot at 50 yds offhand.
jfa25, I got my new BCG back in a couple weeks, quicker then I expected, now I dont have to think about it !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.