SIG Talk banner

Fair trade for a P239?

1203 10
I may have let my desire to own a P239 9mm get the best of me in a trade deal. I traded my M&P Performance Center Shield 9mm and my SP2022 9 mm for the P239.
Both were in excellent shape and I had about $700 in both. The P239 is in perfect shape. The rails have hardly any wear. It also came with a Cross Breed IWB holster. It's a really nice gun. I love it.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
The 239 in excellent but technically 'used' shape should be worth around $650 to $700. It is a better quality gun than either of the Trades you gave. I would call it even, but you came out ahead on quality. I would have preferred 357Sig, and bought a 9mm Barrel and recoil spring.

I would have made that trade.

·
Registered
18,000 Posts
I bought a 239 with 1,000 rounds through it, 2 extra 8 round mags, 1 extra 10 round mag, a Hogue grip with finger grooves and a crossbreed supertuck for $500.00.

I wouldn't have paid what you did, but that's just me and if you look up cheap in the dictionary, you'll see my picture.

·
P228 Sherpa
8,040 Posts
P239's are fantastic. You may have a little bit more in it than needed, but as long as you're happy with the deal then it's all good.

Years ago I paid way too much for a NIB P225. I was happy with the deal, and 5 years later I still have no regrets.
I never understood being happy with the deal and have no regrets, but saying you paid too much. I don't care what anyone else said, but if I'm happy with whatever I bought, then I paid the right amount. End of discussion. ;)

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
I have 2 239s. I may have paid more for the second then I should, but I got a Very Fine Pistol, and the average price of the 2 is $600. For that I have:
1. SAS with SRT and Short Reach Trigger. And beautiful grips.
2. German frame with (now) two tone, SRT and Short Reach Trigger.
3. Both are .40, but I have .357 SIG and 9mm barrels and Magazines.
4. 4 + magazines in all calibers.

and $140 in new TFX front sights on both of them

You can't have a too much or too many of the right gun.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think it was fair and You did end up with the better gun. I lucked into an excellent shape German framed that had 250 rounds through it per the original owner with 3 mags. After tearing it down the rails had zero wear as did the barrel. I paid $450 for it. I went home one very happy camper. When I took it to the range I was even happier. Nice quarter sized groups at 15 yards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.