SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a super match and there was a factory test target included. How are these performed? Is this from a ransom rest or what? I see there is a signature from the guy that evidently performed the test.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Back when I worked for Sig we did them from a rest.
They still are; as are the test targets supplied with the German Mastershop pistols.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mine was from 10 yards. I thought it would be 25. 3 were touching but the other two were higher. About a 1" group. I was expecting a little better from 10 yards. I guess I'll see how it does at the range.

Maybe Enrico was getting a little tired.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
I have 2 signed test targets.

P228 and P220, both W. German made.

Nice touch, shows pride!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
The older ones from W.Germany would even come with the spent shell casing.
And thats pretty cool imo. It was prolly the first round the pistol ever fired.
It was the proof round.
Several states did and still require a spent case to be shipped with the gun.
It is for registration in a database.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/why-the-spent-shells-with-new-gun.1596963/

http://smith-wessonforum.com/2nd-amendment-forum/116284-spent-case-new-s-w-guns-purpose.html

Here is the NY law:

New York General Business Law § 396-ff(2) requires any firearms manufacturer that ships, transports or delivers a handgun to any person in New York to include a separate sealed container with a shell casing of a bullet or projectile discharged from the handgun, along with additional information that identifies the handgun and shell casing.
A state-licensed gunsmith or firearms dealer must, within ten days of delivering a handgun received on or after March 1, 2001, forward to the Division of State Police the sealed container enclosing the shell casing from the handgun. Section 396-ff(5). The state police must enter the pertinent ballistic information into an automated electronic databank (the “Combined Ballistic Identification System” or “CoBIS”) designed to ensure compatibility with national ballistic technology. Section 396-ff(6).
For detailed information on CoBIS, see N.Y. Comp. Codes R. & Regs. ***. 9, § 472.1 et seq.

Here is the Maryland law:

Pursuant to Maryland Code Annotated, Public Safety § 5-131(b), any manufacturer that ships or transports a handgun to be sold, rented, or transferred in Maryland shall include in the box with the handgun, in a separate sealed container:
A shell casing of a projectile discharged from that handgun; and
Additional information that identifies the type of handgun and shell casing.
Upon receipt of a handgun from the manufacturer, a firearms dealer shall confirm with the Department of State Police ("DSP") that the manufacturer complied with the provisions of section 5-131(b). Section 5-131(c)(1). When the handgun is sold, rented, or transferred, the dealer shall forward the sealed container to the DSP crime laboratory. Section 5-131(c)(2). Once received, the DSP crime laboratory shall enter the information in all pertinent databases to assist in the tracing of guns that are later stolen or used in crimes. Section 5-131(d).

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
The trigger lock and proof case get file 13ed first thing.
For almost all people that is true. I still have several Glocks that have the case in the boxes. But since it's impossible for Glock and others to make state specific guns that come with spent cases while the rest do not they just decided to start to include them in all their guns.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
P228 Sherpa
7,411 Posts
Mine was from 10 yards. I thought it would be 25. 3 were touching but the other two were higher. About a 1" group. I was expecting a little better from 10 yards. I guess I'll see how it does at the range.

Maybe Enrico was getting a little tired.
Don't read too much into a test target. It's what you can do with the gun that counts.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
West German P220 with a proof case? Interesting. Never seen or heard of something like that.
Remember like it was yesterday. Came in a little mini manilla envelope - if you will - just big enough to hold it. I thought that was just the neatest thing man. Im not saying every one came with one, but that one sure as heck did.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.