SIG Talk banner

Factory Nickel P228 Sold on GB for $1500

5408 28
Anybody from this forum win this near mint West German P228 with the factory Nickel slide with the box that supports it came from Sig with the Nickel Slide? I was bidding on it jumped shipped early once it hit $1200.

It goes to show what a near mint Nickel with factory box will go for. I was certainly surprised it hit $1500.

I bought the same gun in 1991 and wish I still had it. I thought I needed a Desert Eagle in 44 Mag more and traded my nickel 228 for it. A year later I sold the Desert Eagle and bought another p228, but could only find a Nitride version....which I still have.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/626826796
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Here is just a regular P228 that I've been watching that's up to $1325 ending on Sunday. Great condition P228's are apparently wanted right now

Reactions: Bama Mark

· Registered
527 Posts
I saw that one also....Crazy what they are going for now.
There's one shop that has a two-tone like the one you shared without anything but the gun for $1500 or $1800 BIN :eek:

· Registered
44 Posts
The collector condition variants seem to be trending, luckily nice EDC 228s still out there. Few weeks ago landed a super clean KG for $600. Slight wear on the slide near muzzle, nothing on the rails and no smile on the hood, all original mags, box papers. Its now my non summer EDC. Something about how these vintage pistols, the feel and that serrated trigger, mmmm.i think I need to buy a safe queen.

· Registered
23,302 Posts
Was watching the nib tt some weeks back, when it flipped once or twice because of not meeting the reserve and was reduced to 12+. I lost it. I made one counter and was beat out. Watching the GB clock and thought I had it. I was outbid by 25 I think. I didn't have the "auto bid" on and evidently that's the key. It was my 1st interaction on GB, so live and learn.

· P228 Sherpa
8,261 Posts
Was watching the nib tt some weeks back, when it flipped once or twice because of not meeting the reserve and was reduced to 12+. I lost it. I made one counter and was beat out. Watching the GB clock and thought I had it. I was outbid by 25 I think. I didn't have the "auto bid" on and evidently that's the key. It was my 1st interaction on GB, so live and learn.
NIB, but it had an unsightly mark in the obvious place. I think that's why it didn't sell and kept getting relisted at lower prices.

· Registered
23,302 Posts
NIB, but it had an unsightly mark in the obvious place. I think that's why it didn't sell and kept getting relisted at lower prices.
Yes, I remember now. I even mailed the seller about it and he basicly and simply blew it off. I responded to his reply and didn't get a response. Figured this guy didn't have time for questions since his was such a deal. Anyway, that put me off a little, now that I remember, but I bid anyway thinking that the blem was not such a big deal, especially with what others were selling for.

· P228 Sherpa
8,261 Posts
Yes, I remember now. I even mailed the seller about it and he basicly and simply blew it off. I responded to his reply and didn't get a response. Figured this guy didn't have time for questions since his was such a deal. Anyway, that put me off a little, now that I remember, but I bid anyway thinking that the blem was not such a big deal, especially with what others were selling for.
Don't feel so bad about it. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. His pics were so washed out in bright daylight, so who knows, there might have been other blems. Sellers who are not responsive to simple inquiries and act like jerks will not get my business.

· Registered
23,302 Posts
Don't feel so bad about it. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. His pics were so washed out in bright daylight, so who knows, there might have been other blems. Sellers who are not responsive to simple inquiries and act like jerks will not get my business.
Thanks much 12131 for your reasoning. I used the same and moved on, of course. Actually was looking for it to pop up again, as the new owner may have not been overly impressed (hence, coming to the same conclusion). Still wish I had been in the know years ago now, when Jamie at Afton Arms made the special run :(.

· Registered
284 Posts
Factory Nickel

Found this NIB factory nickel KD on a dealers table at a gun show in 09. He said no one would even look at it. Paid 750 OTD. Hard to find now in this condition.

Attachments

· Registered
284 Posts
Nickel 228's

Was at another gun show about 3 years ago when an old geezer came by with what looked like a Sig handle sticking out of his back pocket. A two tone 228 KF. An honest 99%+. Needless to say it followed me home.

Attachments

· Registered
527 Posts
Was at another gun show about 3 years ago when an old geezer came by with what looked like a Sig handle sticking out of his back pocket. A two tone 228 KF. An honest 99%+. Needless to say it followed me home.
What gun shows are you going to lol?? My son lives in West TN right now going to college. I might have to visit him one weekend then have them ship it to my dealer if any want to follow me back home to Bama :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.