SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Fabricated Arms Cut P365 Slide and slide plate

5K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  fatmat27 
#1 ·
Good afternoon my fellow P365 aficionados!
Like others on this board, I decided that my tired and older eyes needed optics atop of my P365, so I send my slide and Holosun 507K to Chris at Fabricated Arms, so he could do the slide cut and mount my optic. I decided to get the optional cover plate, should I decide to remove my optic (an extra $40).

I wanted to keep my rear sight where it was, even though the Holosun has a rear notch cut out (like the Romeo Zero).

So far, this is the list of things done to my little carry pistol...
Added Manual Safety
Internals polished and Added MCARBO Spring Pack
Replaced Curved Trigger with Flat one
Replaced P365 grip with P365XL grip
Slide and Barrel ported at MagnaPort.
Sent Slide and Holosun 507K to Fabricated Arms for Slide Cut and optic mount.

I loved shooting this before, but am sure I'll only love it more :)

Blessings,
DocS

See less See more
#4 ·
LOL... Because I'm a longtime 1911 shooter. I like having the MS there, especially when re-holstering :)

I'm guessing that you noticed that I've changed a lot of things on this pistol, including adding an optic, porting it, polishing internals, so it runs much smoother. I made these changes based on what I like, making it mine :).

It's a good thing I wasn't wasting your money, time and effort, only mine :)

Blessings,
DocS

#9 ·
Absolutely! Chris did a great job. I love the cover as well (not that I'm really planning on removing the HS507k). He communicated with me, ("I received your slide, optic and screws"). which I greatly appreciated!

I'm thinking about contacting him regarding a Para-Ordinance P16 Limited (40 S@W / 10mm Convertible by Tripp Research) that I want to mount an HS507k on for hog hunting.

Blessings,
DocS

#17 · (Edited)
Guys, I want to apologize for coming across harsh earlier.
Wasn't my intent to let my inner A--hole show.
I'm a Combat Military Vet, former IDPA and 3 gun competitor and lifelong shooter/tinkerer. I've been involved in self defense situations and am still alive, so I'm pretty comfortable with the things I do to my firearms, because they work for me.
Having had an external/manual safety on most of my pistols (yes, I have Glocks and other striker firearms without manual safeties), I'm used to them and prefer them when available (the P365 and P365XL for instance).
I absolutely won't begrudge anyone not wanting one on their firearm anymore than adding an optic isn't everyone's thing. It's about personal choice :)

Thanks for putting up with my rant and I sincerely apologize for anyone I may have offended.

Blessings,
DocS

#25 ·
It actually has the Sig tan XL grip. I carry it with a 12 round mag and back-up 15 round mags.
Although the P365 grip is fine, I found myself having to use the finger extension when using 10 round mags and if I'm adding length, I may as well go with something that added a couple rounds.
I really didn't like the gap in the grip area when using the 12 round mags with the shorter grip...
I definitely like the 12 round flush mags with the XL grip better.

Blessings,
DocS

#26 ·
Really awesome looking setup. Your Signess is more advanced than mine, however I have been steadily making changes here and there. Problem is I now have 2 and am getting ready to put the xl frame on one. Since there are mag differences and other minor differences, I definitely won’t have an exact spare unless I like the change and keep buying more stuff to keep them the same. All the aftermarkets and Sig say to me is “Chu-Ching!” Anyway I really like what you’ve done. Looks really sharp.

#27 ·
Having now served my 10 day ban, or however long it was, I want to apologize to @DocS, for starting drama in his discussion. After 23 years on the streets of Milwaukee, and several in the sandbox, I'd developed a IDGAF attitude about anything and everything. I realize, if one, I don't agree with something in a post, I should read, observe, and just move on, instead of going out of my way, to interject with unwanted, sarcastic commentary. Really I have a hard candy shell, with a nougat center. I was wrong to disparage anyone's choice, and now I'm just going to read, and take my ball and go home. Anyone else, sorry for being a d-bag. I let practically having to beg on one knee, and lay down a satin pillow, for scumbags, affect my after work hours, and since no one here are any perps I'm dealing with, it wasn't deserved. Bowing out gracefully. ✌

#31 ·
Having now served my 10 day ban, or however long it was, I want to apologize to @DocS, for starting drama in his discussion. After 23 years on the streets of Milwaukee, and several in the sandbox, I'd developed a IDGAF attitude about anything and everything. I realize, if one, I don't agree with something in a post, I should read, observe, and just move on, instead of going out of my way, to interject with unwanted, sarcastic commentary. Really I have a hard candy shell, with a nougat center. I was wrong to disparage anyone's choice, and now I'm just going to read, and take my ball and go home. Anyone else, sorry for being a d-bag. I let practically having to beg on one knee, and lay down a satin pillow, for scumbags, affect my after work hours, and since no one here are any perps I'm dealing with, it wasn't deserved. Bowing out gracefully. ✌
Brother, it's all good. I guess I wasn't exactly warm either.

Blessings,
DocS

#28 · (Edited)
If I don't agree with something in a post, I should read, observe, and just move on, instead of going out of my way, to interject with unwanted, sarcastic commentary
It is hard to do sometimes.
I will catch myself going down that Non-Productive road and will have to stop myself.
As my Dad would always say, "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"

As far as your post..I've seen much much worse in my 3 years at SigTalk!

These days when it comes to "Manual Safety" Threads / Posts unless I can Technically add to the discussion
I just try and stay from adding personal comments or getting into it with someone on the subject.
In the end it just makes us both look stupid and immature.
In the end rarely does anything good come of it.
It's Crazy...But....I would say that in most Handgun Forums the most heated topic is always "Manual Safety's"
These are 2 camps that will just never agree and it tends to get carried away....in the Wrong Way!

Knowing when to step in and when not to can be hard sometimes but I think it gets easier.
Past experiences have made it easier to walk away.
Good luck in your endeavors Grillfather.
If you succeed we all benefit from it.

All of our respect for others feelings whether we agree with them or not helps make SigTalk a more Respectable and Enjoyable Forum for everyone.
We just want to talk "Guns" and not get into Personal Affronts and or Rants.
Peace be to US ALL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.