SIG Talk banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey DocS, if you are using a 10 round mag for the P365 and want to improve the grip then add a Tatical Development full grip. I guarantee you will love the P365 much better.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Cocked and Locked is the safest way to carry the pistol. Would you carry it cocked without a manual safety?
The grip safety IS a manual safety, so yes, I would and have. The manual safety on a 1911 was an afterthought when JMB was designing the pistol, so it is really no different than carrying any striker fired handgun without a manual safety.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The grip safety IS a manual safety, so yes, I would and have. The manual safety on a 1911 was an afterthought when JMB was designing the pistol, so it is really no different than carrying any striker fired handgun without a manual safety.
Carrying cocked without the safety is a bit risky. There isn’t any risk with the safety engaged.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I mean, you have a grip safety and a firing pin block on Series 80 1911/2011's, so the manual safety is kind of redundant.

Good looking 365 @DocS
I absolutely wouldn't carry a 1911 without a Manual Thumb safety...
Although the P365 has a great trigger, it's not a Single Action trigger...
For me, anything with a Single Action Trigger necessitates a manual safety.

Thanks for the Compliment on my P365X

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey DocS, if you are using a 10 round mag for the P365 and want to improve the grip then add a Tatical Development full grip. I guarantee you will love the P365 much better.
It actually has the Sig tan XL grip. I carry it with a 12 round mag and back-up 15 round mags.
Although the P365 grip is fine, I found myself having to use the finger extension when using 10 round mags and if I'm adding length, I may as well go with something that added a couple rounds.
I really didn't like the gap in the grip area when using the 12 round mags with the shorter grip...
I definitely like the 12 round flush mags with the XL grip better.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
464 Posts
Really awesome looking setup. Your Signess is more advanced than mine, however I have been steadily making changes here and there. Problem is I now have 2 and am getting ready to put the xl frame on one. Since there are mag differences and other minor differences, I definitely won’t have an exact spare unless I like the change and keep buying more stuff to keep them the same. All the aftermarkets and Sig say to me is “Chu-Ching!” Anyway I really like what you’ve done. Looks really sharp.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Having now served my 10 day ban, or however long it was, I want to apologize to @DocS, for starting drama in his discussion. After 23 years on the streets of Milwaukee, and several in the sandbox, I'd developed a IDGAF attitude about anything and everything. I realize, if one, I don't agree with something in a post, I should read, observe, and just move on, instead of going out of my way, to interject with unwanted, sarcastic commentary. Really I have a hard candy shell, with a nougat center. I was wrong to disparage anyone's choice, and now I'm just going to read, and take my ball and go home. Anyone else, sorry for being a d-bag. I let practically having to beg on one knee, and lay down a satin pillow, for scumbags, affect my after work hours, and since no one here are any perps I'm dealing with, it wasn't deserved. Bowing out gracefully. ✌

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
If I don't agree with something in a post, I should read, observe, and just move on, instead of going out of my way, to interject with unwanted, sarcastic commentary
It is hard to do sometimes.
I will catch myself going down that Non-Productive road and will have to stop myself.
As my Dad would always say, "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"

As far as your post..I've seen much much worse in my 3 years at SigTalk!

These days when it comes to "Manual Safety" Threads / Posts unless I can Technically add to the discussion
I just try and stay from adding personal comments or getting into it with someone on the subject.
In the end it just makes us both look stupid and immature.
In the end rarely does anything good come of it.
It's Crazy...But....I would say that in most Handgun Forums the most heated topic is always "Manual Safety's"
These are 2 camps that will just never agree and it tends to get carried away....in the Wrong Way!

Knowing when to step in and when not to can be hard sometimes but I think it gets easier.
Past experiences have made it easier to walk away.
Good luck in your endeavors Grillfather.
If you succeed we all benefit from it.

All of our respect for others feelings whether we agree with them or not helps make SigTalk a more Respectable and Enjoyable Forum for everyone.
We just want to talk "Guns" and not get into Personal Affronts and or Rants.
Peace be to US ALL!

·
Banned
258 Posts
It is hard to do sometimes.
I will catch myself going down that Non-Productive road and will have to stop myself.
As my Dad would always say, "If you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all"

As far as your post..I've seen much much worse in my 3 years at SigTalk!

These days when it comes to "Manual Safety" Threads / Posts unless I can Technically add to the discussion
I just try and stay from adding personal comments or getting into it with someone on the subject.
In the end it just makes us both look stupid and immature.
In the end rarely does anything good come of it.
It's Crazy...But....I would say that in most Handgun Forums the most heated topic is always "Manual Safety's"
These are 2 camps that will just never agree and it tends to get carried away....in the Wrong Way!

Knowing when to step in and when not to can be hard sometimes but I think it gets easier.
Past experiences have made it easier to walk away.
Good luck in your endeavors Grillfather.
If you succeed we all benefit from it.

All of our respect for others feelings whether we agree with them or not helps make SigTalk a more Respectable and Enjoyable Forum for everyone.
We just want to talk "Guns" and not get into Personal Affronts and or Rants.
Peace be to US ALL!
Hopefully the discussion starter can forgive and forget, or at least forgive. The apology was sincere. Thanks, @Buds

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Doc,
I would like to do this to my P365.
In the end between Optic and Slide work what was your ballpark cost.
So I know what to budget for.

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Having now served my 10 day ban, or however long it was, I want to apologize to @DocS, for starting drama in his discussion. After 23 years on the streets of Milwaukee, and several in the sandbox, I'd developed a IDGAF attitude about anything and everything. I realize, if one, I don't agree with something in a post, I should read, observe, and just move on, instead of going out of my way, to interject with unwanted, sarcastic commentary. Really I have a hard candy shell, with a nougat center. I was wrong to disparage anyone's choice, and now I'm just going to read, and take my ball and go home. Anyone else, sorry for being a d-bag. I let practically having to beg on one knee, and lay down a satin pillow, for scumbags, affect my after work hours, and since no one here are any perps I'm dealing with, it wasn't deserved. Bowing out gracefully. ✌
Brother, it's all good. I guess I wasn't exactly warm either.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Doc,
I would like to do this to my P365.
In the end between Optic and Slide work what was your ballpark cost.
So I know what to budget for.

Thanks
Good morning,

The Fabricated Arms Optics cut was $100 (I added the Optional "Fill Plate" for an additional $40)
The MagnaPorted port cuts in the slide and barrel was about $175 including shipping and the turn around was about a week (including shipping). They do offer a Military/Veteran discount.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Banned
258 Posts
Brother, it's all good. I guess I wasn't exactly warm either.

Blessings,
DocS
I appreciate the acceptance, man-to-man. I have to realize at some point I'm not in a war zone, on the ghetto side of town, and that at the end of the day being a father, husband, and Christian/Catholic, should take presidence over unwanted, biased, one-sided opinions. God bless you as well!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good morning,

The Fabricated Arms Optics cut was $100 (I added the Optional "Fill Plate" for an additional $40)
The MagnaPorted port cuts in the slide and barrel was about $175 including shipping and the turn around was about a week (including shipping). They do offer a Military/Veteran discount.

Blessings,
DocS
A week turn around ?? You are giving me hope since my slide just got to FA two days ago and I was expecting 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
A week turn around ?? You are giving me hope since my slide just got to FA two days ago and I was expecting 6-8 weeks.
The 1 week turnaround was from MagnaPort...
FA took just under 4 weeks.

Blessings,
DocS

21 - 36 of 36 Posts