SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon my fellow P365 aficionados!
Like others on this board, I decided that my tired and older eyes needed optics atop of my P365, so I send my slide and Holosun 507K to Chris at Fabricated Arms, so he could do the slide cut and mount my optic. I decided to get the optional cover plate, should I decide to remove my optic (an extra $40).

I wanted to keep my rear sight where it was, even though the Holosun has a rear notch cut out (like the Romeo Zero).

So far, this is the list of things done to my little carry pistol...
Added Manual Safety
Internals polished and Added MCARBO Spring Pack
Replaced Curved Trigger with Flat one
Replaced P365 grip with P365XL grip
Slide and Barrel ported at MagnaPort.
Sent Slide and Holosun 507K to Fabricated Arms for Slide Cut and optic mount.

I loved shooting this before, but am sure I'll only love it more :)

Blessings,
DocS

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,232 Posts
Awesome set up. Love what you have done to your P365.

Reactions: DocS

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would you add a manual safety to a gun without one? No trigger control? Waste of time, money, and effort.
LOL... Because I'm a longtime 1911 shooter. I like having the MS there, especially when re-holstering :)

I'm guessing that you noticed that I've changed a lot of things on this pistol, including adding an optic, porting it, polishing internals, so it runs much smoother. I made these changes based on what I like, making it mine :).

It's a good thing I wasn't wasting your money, time and effort, only mine :)

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice setup Doc. I too prefer manual safety on the 365.

Does your stock Sig sights co-witness with the 507?

·
Registered
47 Posts

here is a good read to have a correct sights to achieve lower 1/3 co-witness but good luck finding those sights. I have tried for over 3 weeks with no luck so I had to buy the front and rear from two different places.

Co Witness Sights For 365? | Page 6 | SIG Talk

·
Registered
192 Posts
DocS - your pistol looks great! Are you happy with the quality of work from Frabricated Arms? I have my Glock 43 there now, should have it back in a week. If pleased with work, I'll send off my P365 slide for an RMRcc mill job.

Regards

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

About the lower 1/3.
Basically, the top of the rear sight is the same height as the rear "notch" of the HS 507K.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DocS - your pistol looks great! Are you happy with the quality of work from Frabricated Arms? I have my Glock 43 there now, should have it back in a week. If pleased with work, I'll send off my P365 slide for an RMRcc mill job.

Regards
Absolutely! Chris did a great job. I love the cover as well (not that I'm really planning on removing the HS507k). He communicated with me, ("I received your slide, optic and screws"). which I greatly appreciated!

I'm thinking about contacting him regarding a Para-Ordinance P16 Limited (40 [email protected] / 10mm Convertible by Tripp Research) that I want to mount an HS507k on for hog hunting.

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice to meet ya Mr. 4 posts in 2+ years.
Dude, what the hell is wrong with you?

I think most people are ok with Constructive Criticism, but you're persistently kind of a [removed]!
You drop off nuggets of what you believe are truisms in your world in an insulting manner to those of us who are of a differing opinion without any reason you support such beliefs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
here is a good read to have a correct sights to achieve lower 1/3 co-witness but good luck finding those sights. I have tried for over 3 weeks with no luck so I had to buy the front and rear from two different places.

Co Witness Sights For 365? | Page 6 | SIG Talk
Have read that thread a few times and while it does contain great info based on real world experience, I'm not a big fan of Trijicon HD sights. I've had a set of them on my G17 for a few years and will replace them shortly with AmeriGlo sights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
About the lower 1/3.
Basically, the top of the rear sight is the same height as the rear "notch" of the HS 507K.

Blessings,
DocS
Thanks Doc. Would it be accurate in saying, not very usable in the event of the optic failing?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Call me the wooden spoon; I frequently stir pots. I'm not old, old, but not young either, but I recognize old versus new technologies. Throwing a manual safety (100+ year old tech) on a new gun, is like putting a carb on a variable valve timing vehicle. I have 1911 and 2011, and if I could get rid of the safety I would. I like the other choices, outside of the FDE, but I have 2 kids under 10 and I'm still chambered and my nose picker is my safety. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. But seriously, $80, and time to put something there, that the manufacturer didn't intend? If you want to waste money for no good reason, I'll give you my PayPal, and whenever I have the itch, just hit send brutha. 😉
Why would you remove a safety from a 1911 or 2011?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Doc. Would it be accurate in saying, not very usable in the event of the optic failing?
After re-looking, it's probably the lower 1/5th...

it's hard to capture it in a pic, but if you align the top of the sights, you should get a more precise aiming point (should you have optic failure).

Blessings,
DocS

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Guys, I want to apologize for coming across harsh earlier.
Wasn't my intent to let my inner A--hole show.
I'm a Combat Military Vet, former IDPA and 3 gun competitor and lifelong shooter/tinkerer. I've been involved in self defense situations and am still alive, so I'm pretty comfortable with the things I do to my firearms, because they work for me.
Having had an external/manual safety on most of my pistols (yes, I have Glocks and other striker firearms without manual safeties), I'm used to them and prefer them when available (the P365 and P365XL for instance).
I absolutely won't begrudge anyone not wanting one on their firearm anymore than adding an optic isn't everyone's thing. It's about personal choice :)

Thanks for putting up with my rant and I sincerely apologize for anyone I may have offended.

Blessings,
DocS

1 - 20 of 36 Posts