SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into buying a Phase 5 Tactical Extended Bolt release for my M400 (enhanced), I noticed that my lower receiver has about a quarter inch of steel extending out around the mag/bolt release where my colt's receiver is flat, I wanted to go for the internal/external combo(EBRv2) for the lowest possible profile. It looks as if the release will end up near the trigger well, but might jut out more then on a flat receiver like my colt has. Has anyone tried this with the M400 yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the magpul B.A.D on my sig 716 and the problem you are concerned about happened to me. It rubbed up against the trigger well. I just ordered the phase 5 bolt catch. Hope that one works.

·
Registered
277 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
We all have an opinion but the Phase 5 is far superior to the Magpul lever....It is a one piece unit consisting of the bolt catch itself so it is solid as a rock....no screws and made better but, its $50 not $30....worth it to me.....I posted pics on another thread if anyone wants to see.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Tactical Link's doesn't work either. The release is too thick... anyone know if the bolt release on the 516 and 716 are interchangeable? The 516 is thinner...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tactical Link's doesn't work either. The release is too thick... anyone know if the bolt release on the 516 and 716 are interchangeable? The 516 is thinner...
Glad you said that before I ordered one, I was under the impression that it would fit. :huh:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Should fit the 516. Mine is for 716 and Was directed to the below statement on their website AFTER I was on the phone complaining... Oops. Anyone wanna buy one on the cheap? They want 25% restock and shipping to send back and BTW it's FDE and all my AR's are black.

Not compatible with weapons equipped with the Odin Works XMR Extended Mag Release. Not compatible with the following weapons: FNH SCAR, S&W MP15-22, S&W MP15 Magpul Edition, Ruger SR-762, Sig 716; and may not be compatible with some 7.62 / .308 models.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi everyone. I just wanted to reiterate what Coanan posted.
The Bad Lever will fit the Sig Sauer 716. Minor modifications will be needed.
Please check out the Thread http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/20879-sig-sauer-716-magpul-bad-lever-fits.html

I have not had any problems with it. The only thing i would to add and its not
in the linked thread. I had to create an indented curve on the stem of the lever
to give more room to reach the mag release button easier. I am a lefty and it only make sense.
I love it and it works great for quick mag changes/clearing malfunctions.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My thoughts on are simple. For my 716 I focused on trying to make the rifle as ambidextrous as possible. I put on a raptor charging handle, Ambi safety selector, and a bad lever. If **** hits the fan. I want to be able to manipulate the weapon with any hand. So far the bad lever is perfect for what I want.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts