SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I performed some trigger experiments with the SIG P320 X5 I'm testing. This is information which will be in my review next week, but many folks getting their X5's tomorrow will want to know this. Many of you will recall the trigger pull weight measurement I posted on Friday for the stock P320 X5 - 5lbs 12.7 oz. I had a new Grayguns PELT trigger kit handy and wanted to see what different combinations of Grayguns components would yield in results. The first thing I did was swap out the stock X5 trigger for the PELT curved trigger - this yielded very little difference from the stock measurement - 5lbs.13.4oz. Next I tried the PELT trigger spring with the Grayguns curved trigger - this yielded a reduction in pull weight - 5lbs. 4oz. Finally, I used the stock X5 flat trigger with the PELT trigger spring. This yielded the most optimal results - 4lbs.12.1oz.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have 3 GG straight kits that I have played around with in 3 FCUs. With all of the various swaps and combinations, I have noticed about 1/2 lb reduction due to the GG spring alone. That is also the amount that Bruce Gray claims in his video. Also consistent with what you noticed with your PELT trigger between the two springs. Pretty cool that you got over a full pound less using the GG spring with the new X5 trigger compared with stock spring. The external appearance of the new X5 looks very similar to the GG PELT flat. But I am hearing that the X5 is different from the PELT? I think I read that Bruce Gray was involved in developing the X5 trigger?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 3 GG straight kits that I have played around with in 3 FCUs. With all of the various swaps and combinations, I have noticed about 1/2 lb reduction due to the GG spring alone. That is also the amount that Bruce Gray claims in his video. Also consistent with what you noticed with your PELT trigger between the two springs. Pretty cool that you got over a full pound less using the GG spring with the new X5 trigger compared with stock spring. The external appearance of the new X5 looks very similar to the GG PELT flat. But I am hearing that the X5 is different from the PELT? I think I read that Bruce Gray was involved in developing the X5 trigger?
Hi Mark - I see you're also in the Dayton area. Do you shoot any USPSA or 3-Gun?

So late last night I found a flat faced PELT trigger that I'd forgotten I had, and installed it in the X-5. As it turns out, it yield the lightest trigger pull:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Mark - I see you're also in the Dayton area. Do you shoot any USPSA or 3-Gun?

So late last night I found a flat faced PELT trigger that I'd forgotten I had, and installed it in the X-5. As it turns out, it yield the lightest trigger pull:

Nope, just a newb. Been at it about six months, casually trying to develop some decent skills at the range. Thanks for all of the X-r info you have been providing!

·
Registered
197 Posts
BTW, recently I tried a GG flat with GG spring in 3 different standard 320 FCUs for 6 pulls on each using a Lyman. When I averaged them all together, I got 4lbs 5oz. Very consistent with what you are observing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts