SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Gun Cleaning. Post Range, and ready to store.

1. Pour (do Not drink) 4 Oz glass of Good Burbon , Scotch, or Irish Bushmills whisky. 8 Oz glass of ice water next to it.
2. Empty All magazines and firearms. Secure all ammunition in safe. Lock up "Bedside Gun".
3. Spread out Cleaning supplies on 24 X 36 empty workspace.
4. Turn On Radio and listen to Prarie Home Companion. CD or other source.
5. Detail Strip, One at a time, Each firearm being readied for shelving.
6. Take a Short sip of adult beverage. Then short sip water.
7. Clean weapon using appropriate bore, frame and slide cleaners.
8. Properly lubericate and assemble weapon. Check for function and decock weapon.
9. Set weapon aside for storeage.
10. Repeat 5,6,7,8, and 9 until either all weapons are clean or beverage is empty.

When Beverage is empty, stretch, yawn, and then go to bed. Do Remaining on next night.

I am at the stage of life where I can properly clean for storage 3 pistols. SO there is my shooting limit. All Driven by Adult Beverage.

Good Night folks.

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
I do not drink any alcohol while field stripping and cleaning any gun.

Plenty of time afterwards!

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
I do not drink any alcohol while field stripping and cleaning any gun.

Plenty of time afterwards!
We are different. This was how my Father did with me when I was growing up, and how I have done it now as I remember him.

·
Registered
23,615 Posts
I can't stand to clean guns!
I LOVE getting them dirty!!
But I can't stand having to clean them!

:lol:

(Truthfully, it is due to my chronic pain that makes sitting and cleaning guns for an extended period of time extremely difficult.)

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Gotta be honest. I hate cleaning guns.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i cheated yesterday and just ran a bore snake through and wiped them down after shooting, because i'll be shooting again wednesday. Wednesday evening I'll do detailed field strip and cleaning. I actually kind of enjoy cleaning my guns, but not nearly as much as shooting them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
shooting is certainly better than cleaning

I enjoy it though, and love knowing when they're tucked in, they are clean and lubricated and ready to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.