SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, Videos lost their functionality for me.

I still see the black square, but no frozen image inside it and no play Icon. Clicking anywhere on the black square does nothing.

Windows 10, IE 11.1198.xxxx

·
Premium Member
22,756 Posts
L.b. , I run apple.
Sometimes this feature works and sometimes not.
I gave up worring about it after exausting all venues.
Hang on and I will see if it works?

Yeap, it works.

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not for me. Just a black YouTube screen with no play button.

Sigh......

Just went to another board and I see their videos fine. Also went to YouTube and again, no problem.

Just came back here and tried to do the old copy here and paste into YouTube and my browser doesn't even recognize the videos here as being videos. It sees them as plain old HTML.

·
Registered
55,329 Posts
chrome for me...maybe an ie issue......here goes......

Reactions: Mills

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd say it's a board issue in that I can see videos on all the other boards I frequent.

I'd also say it's an IE issue if you can see the videos with other browsers.

All in all it's an incompatibility between IE and this board and nothing more.

·
Premium Member
22,756 Posts
I'd say it's a board issue in that I can see videos on all the other boards I frequent.

I'd also say it's an IE issue if you can see the videos with other browsers.

All in all it's an incompatibility between IE and this board and nothing more.
LB, like I said, at times it is a no go, others it works, and I am using the same procedure each time. This is with all the latest and greatest Apple stuff.
So who knows.

·
Administrator
811 Posts
I did a bit of investigating and it seems alot of people are having the same issue on multiple sites. IE11 is no longer supported by Microsoft, since they are now concentrating on Edge so problems like this with IE are going to start happening more and more. I have found some suggestions that might help fix the issue.

1. Check to see if your flash player is up to date.

2. Try going to Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "reset all zones to default".

3. In IE11 check the ActiveX Filtering option and make sure it is not checked.

All these failing, it might be time to consider using Chrome, Firefox, Edge. Let me know if any of these work.

Niall

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Edge works but the image isn't anywhere near as nice as IE.

Sigh............

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did a bit of investigating and it seems alot of people are having the same issue on multiple sites. IE11 is no longer supported by Microsoft, since they are now concentrating on Edge so problems like this with IE are going to start happening more and more. I have found some suggestions that might help fix the issue.
Niall
I just did some checking because of another matter elsewhere and found that IE 11 is still supported at this time.

And again, this is the only board where I can't see videos, so it's a compatibility issue with this board's software and IE 11.

Not complaining, just making an observation.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsforbusiness/end-of-ie-support

What is end of support?

Beginning January 12, 2016, only the most current version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical supports and security updates. Internet Explorer 11 is the last version of Internet Explorer, and will continue to receive security updates, compatibility fixes, and technical support on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

Internet Explorer 11 offers improved security, increased performance, better backward compatibility, and support for the web standards that power today’s websites and services. Microsoft encourages customers to upgrade and stay up-to-date on the latest browser for a faster, more secure browsing experience.

·
Administrator
811 Posts
I'll send this in to our tech team to look up.

it looks like an iframe embedded issue AND an enhanced privacy plugin on Youtube's end for sharing videos. we'll take a look but please keep in mind that other 'sites' that you're might not have the same kind of support as vbulletin, so we're working with what we have.

TICKET: 2594180

Lee

·
Registered
407 Posts
I get the black screen too in IE but if I click on the blue youtube banner above the screen, it takes me to youtube and plays the vid.

Reactions: ronin11

·
Administrator
811 Posts
We'll give you guys an update once we hear back from the techs on the ticket Lee sent in.

For those still experiencing issues with this, for the time being you can use another browser until we get an update on this.

Thank you,
Natalie

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll send this in to our tech team to look up.

it looks like an iframe embedded issue AND an enhanced privacy plugin on Youtube's end for sharing videos. we'll take a look but please keep in mind that other 'sites' that you're might not have the same kind of support as vbulletin, so we're working with what we have.

TICKET: 2594180

Lee
Thanks. I'm not complaining, just stating what's going on.

When I come here these days, I come with Microsoft Edge and I see the videos with no problems.

Edge isn't really ready for prime time, though. It's a bit kludgy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts