SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’d like to hear how you like the CZ. I’ve had a bunch of them over the years but am down to something like 14 or 15 now days. The 75B Compact was my EDC for a long time. My eldest son now carry’s that one.

I prefer the safety equipped version of the CZ series over the decockers for EDC but the decocker can give a better, almost 1911 like, trigger than the safety equipped ones can. The big difference in the two is that the decocker sacrifices one side of the hammer hook for the decocker function but compensates for it by pinning the sear cage to the frame to keep it safe.

Pinning the sear cage eliminates a tiny bit of slop in the sear cage fit that can develop in older CZs that have been shot a lot. Most people would never feel that movement but when chasing the perfect trigger, you do feel the sear cage move just a bit on higher round count guns.

Decocker equipped CZs are great carry guns but you do really have to be careful with tuning. My P01 went to a sub 2# trigger with a tuning and polish. It was a fantastic trigger but was not a carry gun after that. For carry, I’d just carry the safety equipped 75B on the half cock notch after decocking it manually. At that point, it feels a lot like a Sig in trigger and reset. Maybe a bit nicer than the Sigs even.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, here she is. Just did the first disassemble and cleaning. I had been looking at a Beretta M9, and this is right in that class. I am liking it, and it's World Class build quality. Absolute Beast Tank of a gun.

I don't believe it's the Omega (doesn't say it is), and honestly, I'd love the decocker but it's not bad to manually do so. I ordered a SERPA for it, and when I open carry it, it'll be chambered with hammer down. Great opportunity to continue my DAO shooting. The 686 has been a super fun challenge, and I hardly ever cock the hammer anymore just to try. Cocking the Hammer on the 686 is cheating. 😂

This has the Mcarbo spring kit in it, and hardened firing pin block pin. DA trigger pull is quite lighter than I anticipated, and the SA pull has a little mush/creep and a crisp wall and break.

It had some tan G10s on it, but I put the OEMs back on it and she's beautiful. It's growing on me rapidly.

ETA: The sights are phosphorescent. LOL I had read some 75s had that, but man when you hit them with a flash light, they really are as good as night sights. Bonus. :)

·
Premium Member
P226 9mm Legion LE, P229 9mm Legion LE, P229 357 Sig, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, SP-01
263 Posts
Well, here she is. Just did the first disassemble and cleaning. I had been looking at a Beretta M9, and this is right in that class. I am liking it, and it's World Class build quality. Absolute Beast Tank of a gun.

I don't believe it's the Omega (doesn't say it is), and honestly, I'd love the decocker but it's not bad to manually do so. I ordered a SERPA for it, and when I open carry it, it'll be chambered with hammer down. Great opportunity to continue my DAO shooting. The 686 has been a super fun challenge, and I hardly ever cock the hammer anymore just to try. Cocking the Hammer on the 686 is cheating. 😂

This has the Mcarbo spring kit in it, and hardened firing pin block pin. DA trigger pull is quite lighter than I anticipated, and the SA pull has a little mush/creep and a crisp wall and break.

It had some tan G10s on it, but I put the OEMs back on it and she's beautiful. It's growing on me rapidly.

ETA: The sights are phosphorescent. LOL I had read some 75s had that, but man when you hit them with a flash light, they really are as good as night sights. Bonus. :)

Very nice. Beautiful pistol and imo it's one of the best shooters out there. You'll enjoy it.

Break down tip: half cock the hammer before lining up the lines. With the hammer half cocked the slide will rest against the hammer lining up the lines exactly. This way the slide won't move, making it much easier to push the slide stop out.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I carry a CZ75 compact under my shirt owb in a leather holster and a Ruger LCP in my pocket works great, my 365XL when I do carry it owb crossdraw leather holster but you cant beat a CZ75 they are very accurate.
I also have the Mcarbo spring kit, floating trigger pin and harden firing pin retaining pin very nice setup. I would take the CZ

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
@FreeTacos Yes, I noticed that as you line the notches up, the hammer goes to half cock, so that's an excellent tip moving forward. :) That's why I post **** on forums, is I learn for free and meet cool people like we have here.

@Stikman51 Yeah, I can't wait to get it out and shoot it. My buddy will be bringing his soon to arrive 320 AXG Classic, so we'll be doing a shoot off. He was all excited he has an All Steel Gun now... Well, best friends not to be entirely outdone, now I have one, too. Nah, seriously though, it was just a decent deal that came along when it did.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm a huge CZ fan and I own three of them....an SP-01, a P-01, and a 97B. I also have an IWI Jericho, a CZ/Witness clone. The IWI is all stock (and a beautifully made gun..better than CZ for less money), but all the CZ's have been "Cajunized" with their Pro Package trigger kit. I sent the 97B to CGW and had them refinish it, machine the barrel for a 1911 style bushing, and do the Pro Package install. I also put LOK Bogie Palm Swell grips on all of them. I have big hands and I love the feel of these grips.

When you give these guns some love they are absolutely incredible shooters. I own several pistols, but my CZ's are the ones I enjoy shooting the most.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
P226 9mm Legion LE, P229 9mm Legion LE, P229 357 Sig, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, SP-01
263 Posts
Same. I love my Sigs, but my CZ's are the best shooters. Especially this baby. 1.4lbs trigger and breaks like glass. And I've never seen a pistol slide so tightly mated to the frame, it's incredible.

OP is going to fall in love after the first range trip.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Everyday carry

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yeah, people been telling me they're excellent. My good buddy carries a P-01 with a TLR-7A on it, so it can be done. Those are very nice guns in the pics, BTW

The CZ75's front of the slide never was to my liking, nor the Browning Hi Power. It's slowly growing on me, but the fact that it's a phenomenal gun is outweighing the aesthetics. I'm sure once I shoot it I'll love it even more. My polymer fullsize P320 was eating recoil up like nothing, so this is going to be like shooting my MK IV 22/45 I bet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice and congrats! I got my wife the same gun but decocker. It had the older plastic grips so I put the Hogue finger grips on and some Truglo FO sights. This is one of a "few" cz's we own.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use my CZ 75 P01 Omega as a winter carry. I cajunized it ( easy with the Omega system ). It is similar in weight to several polymer pistols in same size. I also have a CZ75B (non omega) , I installed the Mcarbo kit , then a SRS kit from Cajun Gun Works,,When I can afford it, will be installing the forward set trigger system as well. I am at 1.8lbs SA pull on that one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a Tanfoglio (CZ clone) all metal Witness Compact in 10mm. I can carry it Double action, 1/2 cocked or single action, with manual safety on or off. Lots of flexibility. Yes, by todays standards being all steel it is heavy but that doesn't preclude me from carrying it from time to time. IMHO it's very accurate and fun to shoot. I carry the Sig 365 with the techna-clip that attaches onto the striker plate. I can't remember the last time I used a holster on the 365. Best idea to come along in ages.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You might say I like CZ pistols I think I have 8. I will caution you not to dry fire it much with the stock firing pin and firing pin retaining pin installed. CGW makes a extended firing pin and lighter return spring with a stronger retaining pin that will make it safe to dry fire.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've greenlighted it. Tonight.

If I ever carry it I will more than likely carry it the chamber loaded, Hammer all the way down. I will just safely manually decock it.

Every time I shoot my 686 at the range, I always shoot it DAO just to challenge myself. Seems like that training will come in handy and I've never had a DASA gun until the last couple months. It's fun once you get used to it. I'll probay not even use the safety carrying it in this fashion, if and when I ever do.
One thing to note, CZ’s are supposed to be carried at half cock, according to CZ. Hold hammer in whatever way is most secure for you, pull trigger, start easing the hammer down and let go of the trigger and it will stop at the half cock. Practice it a lot. It’s not hard to do, but it would be very easy to slip up and ND the pistol. I’ve met a lot of folks that take some leather or something to block the firing pin when doing it. And again, safe direction. Preferably like a large potted plant or some guys have a 5 gallon bucket of sand or something.

And ultimately, see if you like the safety. If you like it, rock it cocked and locked.

They are great carry guns. I frequently carry an SP01.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
One thing to note, CZ’s are supposed to be carried at half cock, according to CZ. Hold hammer in whatever way is most secure for you, pull trigger, start easing the hammer down and let go of the trigger and it will stop at the half cock. Practice it a lot. It’s not hard to do, but it would be very easy to slip up and ND the pistol. I’ve met a lot of folks that take some leather or something to block the firing pin when doing it. And again, safe direction. Preferably like a large potted plant or some guys have a 5 gallon bucket of sand or something.

And ultimately, see if you like the safety. If you like it, rock it cocked and locked.

They are great carry guns. I frequently carry an SP01.
The bad thing about manually decoking a semi-auto is it won't just be a ND in a safe direction. You'll also get your thumb ripped open. And the small rounded hammers on the non Omega CZ's are terrible for manually decocking.

But I do it exactly like you said...pull trigger, immediately let off of trigger, and ride hammer down to half cock.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The bad thing about manually decoking a semi-auto is it won't just be a ND in a safe direction. You'll also get your thumb ripped open. And the small rounded hammers on the non Omega CZ's are terrible for manually decocking.

But I do it exactly like you said...pull trigger, immediately let off of trigger, and ride hammer down to half cock.
That's true, the slide reciprocating will be bad for your thumb's health.

However, I've been practicing, and it does take care. Do not rush that procedure. I've also got a 686 I practice this with, and shot my SA 22 quite a bit. They're not all exactly the same, but releasing the hammer in a controlled manner is not totally new to me. Again, it can still happen to anyone, and caution is the key word. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
You might say I like CZ pistols I think I have 8. I will caution you not to dry fire it much with the stock firing pin and firing pin retaining pin installed. CGW makes a extended firing pin and lighter return spring with a stronger retaining pin that will make it safe to dry fire.
In addition to adding the improved roll pin from CGW...go to Home Depot and get a package of these. Putting an o-ring around the firing pin makes dry fire a no impact affair. It literally puts no wear on your gun outside of the sear.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
In addition to adding the improved roll pin from CGW...go to Home Depot and get a package of these. Putting an o-ring around the firing pin makes dry fire a no impact affair. It literally puts no wear on your gun outside of the sear.

I did do a deep clean when I got it, but the only thing I didn't do was remove the firing pin. Didn't have the extra time to Google it and find the videos. I will do it, as I inspect strikers and channels on every new gun for gunk or heavy abnormal wear. The o-ring remains on firing pin always, or just for dry fire, then it needs to be removed? I typically don't modify anything on a handgun.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts