SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is offering up for trade a CZ75B, MCarbo springs kit, and hardened firing pin block pin, with G10 air grips all installed. I've always wondered about CZs and almost bought a P-01. I know it's an iconic gun, and this fellow has all OEM parts with it. He said he's got about 1000 thru it and it's been cared for. I know the CZ75B is not decocker, but firing pin block only with manual safety.

He's after a P365XL, and I'm wondering if this trade makes sense. I'd still have my P365X and P365. He even likes that I have the standard trigger in it, and wants manual safety specifically.

I know the CZ75 is heavy, so it's more of a range gun, but what say you guys? Never owned a CZ before.

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
Someone is offering up for trade a CZ75B, MCarbo springs kit, and hardened firing pin block pin, with G10 air grips all installed. I've always wondered about CZs and almost bought a P-01. I know it's an iconic gun, and this fellow has all OEM parts with it. He said he's got about 1000 thru it and it's been cared for. I know the CZ75B is not decocker, but firing pin block only with manual safety.

He's after a P365XL, and I'm wondering if this trade makes sense. I'd still have my P365X and P365. He even likes that I have the standard trigger in it, and wants manual safety specifically.

I know the CZ75 is heavy, so it's more of a range gun, but what say you guys? Never owned a CZ before.

Thanks
As a range or home defense gun I would take the cz all day.

For concealed carry, not so much.

Soli Deo Gloria

·
Registered
318 Posts
I love CZ 75’s.

I think you should get it.
I have only one complaint with a CZ’s w/ safeties. The safety.

I’m a safety lover. I prefer it if it’s an option. I love cocked and locked. Most of the safety models I’ve owned have been horrendous. Not audible, not tactile, pathetically weak safety. I had one that the slightest bump would disengage it. I haven’t yet personally seen any base mode gun with a good safety.

I tried cutting a 1/3 off a 1911 plunger tube spring and I used that as the safety spring. It fit behind the sear cage and was a huge improvement. There’s a company that sells a stiffer spring but it was barely any different from stock on the ones I tried it in. The 1911 spring worked very well, but it still wasn’t good enough for me.

I ended up manually decocking mine into a flower pot when I carried them and I was happy with that until I moved to decocker ones.

All my current CZ’s are decocker only and they are among my favorite guns ever. Excellent guns.

CZ’s are ergonomic, easy to work on, good aftermarket support and have a great track record. And they aren’t super expensive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
CZ 75B (or pre B's) in my experience perform consistently and can be maintained easily. Base design obviously hasn't changed much in years and all metal construction is robust. I'd say go for it!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've greenlighted it. Tonight.

If I ever carry it I will more than likely carry it the chamber loaded, Hammer all the way down. I will just safely manually decock it.

Every time I shoot my 686 at the range, I always shoot it DAO just to challenge myself. Seems like that training will come in handy and I've never had a DASA gun until the last couple months. It's fun once you get used to it. I'll probay not even use the safety carrying it in this fashion, if and when I ever do.

·
Premium Member
P226 9mm Legion LE, P229 9mm Legion LE, P229 357 Sig, P320 X-Vtac, P320 X-Carry Pro, CZ TSO, SP-01
253 Posts
I've greenlighted it. Tonight.

If I ever carry it I will more than likely carry it the chamber loaded, Hammer all the way down. I will just safely manually decock it.

Every time I shoot my 686 at the range, I always shoot it DAO just to challenge myself. Seems like that training will come in handy and I've never had a DASA gun until the last couple months. It's fun once you get used to it. I'll probay not even use the safety carrying it in this fashion, if and when I ever do.
Do you know if it has the Omega trigger? If so, you can change the safety to a decocker. I prefer the non Omega guns, but it is a nice feature.

·
Registered
298 Posts
CZ75 has been around for a long time, yet in all my years 'smithing I never had one come in needing attention.

Not saying they are perfect, but odds are good this one isn't going to give you problems.

·
Registered
622 Posts
As long as condition is good and he didn't screw anything up with the parts install, you're getting the better end of the deal purely based on value.

What is better suited is of course dependent what you plan to do with it... Your carry needs seem met so why not grab a nice full size pistol? The 75s shoot great.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a Stainless CZ 75B, got a really good deal on Gun Broker a couple of years ago.

Then I traded my standard CZ 75B for the used P365XL I carry everyday.

Except for carry, I’ve started to shy away from polymer pistols. There are so many on the market now, it’s not fun to collect them, or at least for me.

Working on my stainless collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm a CZ fan, but prefer the Omega versions and their ability to be used either with a decocker, or a safety. My P-01 is small and light enough to carry, but hasn't displaced my P365 from that duty. Still they're very nice pistols although I don't have any experience with the version in question.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts