SIG Talk banner

EDC in 9mm other than a Sig - What is your Recommendation

8249 134
If you were going to buy an EDC in 9mm other than a Sig. What would you buy? NO GLOCKS Please Thanks
Reactions: hauki
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have carried a Walther PPS and HK USP compact in the past. Both are really nice guns for carrying.

There are several other options that you probably couldn’t go wrong with either, for example
  • S&W Shield
  • HK VP9 compact or P30sk
  • Springfield 911 or XDS
  • Ruger LC9
  • CZ Rami

·
Registered
936 Posts
Try the M&P Shield, the higher capacity. Also the Shield EZ is a nice carry gun. SA has a nice XD sub compact also a Helcat. As other poster said, try to rent some. Your hands will know. None of these are particularly expensive and companies stand behind their products.
always wanted to like M&P but man, in hand, for me, they were always super uninspiring. maybe that new one, with the trigger folk are hooting about.. but the same hooties like h.outlaw also blowfished the Kimber Mako R7 so the jury is still out, during rigging.

hope to get hands onto one soon..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just went through this exercise, and rented several pistols before making any choices.
What I shot:
Shield Plus-nice, bought one
Ruger Max 9-very nice, little snap, this is my EDC
Kimber Micro 9- nice, not snappy, too tightly toleranced
Kimber Mako- can't find one to try
365XL- great gun, flat shooter, bought one
FN 503- did not like it, snappy bought the FN 509 Mid
CZ 510 s- nice gun , did nothing for me
SA Hellcat- worst gun for recoil, NG
Will not buy a Keltec, or a Taurus, or a Bersa

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Well, it would have to be proven reliable (lots of users, lots of uses), should be polymer to protect it from sweat in the summer and cold/moisture in the winter, easy to clean/maintain, easy to load magazines (I've got a few nasty mags), and most of all, it should fit my hand readily. That only leaves me one choice.
A plastic squirt gun?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I hear CZs have a tendency to break parts frequently, it's the only thing holding me back from getting one. Is that not true?
What??
I have 10's of thousands of full-power rounds thru my assortment of 9mm CZ's. NEVER broken anything. Never had to send a pistol back for repair. Only replaced recoil springs as a routine PM. As reliable or more so than my Sigs, several of which had to re-visit the factory.

However, folks who 'tinker' with what the factory has engineered as a superbly reliable combat-ready pistol in stock form.....like anything....proceed at one's own risk. But don't blame others for the results -JMO

·
Registered
510 Posts
What??
I have 10's of thousands of full-power rounds thru my assortment of 9mm CZ's. NEVER broken anything. Never had to send a pistol back for repair. Only replaced recoil springs as a routine PM. As reliable or more so than my Sigs, several of which had to re-visit the factory.

However, folks who 'tinker' with what the factory has engineered as a superbly reliable combat-ready pistol in stock form.....like anything....proceed at one's own risk. But don't blame others for the results -JMO
I'd heard reports of slide stops and trigger return springs breaking. If that's not true, I'm glad to hear it. I may get a Shadow II for USPSA carry optics.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have an old model S&W M&P Shield 9mm with green Crimson Trace laser grip that I carried for several years before I got my P320 RXP XCompact. The trigger could stand for some improvement, and it doesn’t hold many rounds, but overall I really can’t complain. Not once has it ever malfunctioned.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts