SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like to buy and sell Sig P320 grip modules on eBay, and have done pretty good at it since the Army announcement. Today, I got an email from eBay saying they removed my listing, saying it was a banned item per their policy. I looked on ebay and there were still about 50 listed just like mine. I messaged them asking why mine was removed even though I have sold plenty in the past few months, and there are still lots listed. She said they haven't got around to unlisting all of them yet, but I should go on there and report them all. I said NO. She said it was "illegal" to sell them on ebay. ILLEGAL??? I asked her to quote the law that makes it illegal, and then she backed up and said it was policy. Yada yada yada, I asked to speak to a supervisor.

The supervisor said she has never handled or shot a gun before, but would try to help......yeah.....So she explained that eBay policy allows barrels, slides, 10-round mags, triggers, and almost any other part to be sold, but not grip frames. Make sense of that! She said she didn't think it made sense to ban a hollow piece of plastic, but it's their policy. I told her I think the reason behind it is because most other gun grip frames come with the FCU in it and make a it a gun, but I explained to her this one is different. All this went over her head.

I relisted my grip, but left the word grip out of the listing. Maybe it will slip through.

Below is their firearm policy.

Allowed

You can list magazine loading devices, or speedloaders such as:

Stripper clips

Moon clips

You can also list accessories and parts for firearms such as:

Butt plates

Cases

Cleaning supplies

Dies

Grips

Holsters

Molds

Racks

Scopes

Slings

Stocks

Storage cases

Trigger guards

The following firearm parts are allowed on the eBay US site only. The seller must be in the US and offer domestic shipping only:

En bloc clips

Barrels – shotgun barrels less than 18 inches and rifle barrels less than 16 inches are prohibited

Bolts

Choke tubes

Cylinders

Firing pins

Hammers

Slides

Trigger assemblies

Allowed in some situations

You can also list the following parts and accessories under specified conditions:

Muzzleloader or black powder gun parts or accessories as long as each item is offered in individual listings (having separate listings for items that can be used to build a gun is prohibited.)

Magazines: Sellers must follow all applicable state and local laws for magazine sales. Listings for magazines must clearly identify the make and model in the item title or description.

Not allowed

You cannot list:

Firearm frames, including grip frames, muzzleloader and black powder frames or receivers

Firearm kits used to create a firearm

Firearm receivers, including upper or lower, incomplete, "cut" or "80%" receivers

Flash suppressors

Any magazine sold in violation of state or local law. High capacity magazines that accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed. Please note that some states may have a lower capacity limit.

High capacity magazines modified to accept 10 rounds or less are also prohibited unless permanently modified by the manufacturer.

Magazine extenders

Sears

Silencers

Grenade launchers

Parts or accessories for assault weapons. Listings that mention capability with an assault weapon, even if the part or accessory fits non-assault weapons, are also prohibited.

The following parts for semiautomatic pistols: barrel shroud, forward pistol grip and threaded barrel

Pistol conversion kits that make a pistol into a short-barreled rifle

Bayonets designed to fit an assault weapon

Blueprints, milling or forging specifications for assault weapons

Instructions or blueprints on how to convert a semi-automatic weapon to a fully automatic weapon

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
That's pretty crazy, of all the things they could take exception too...I've bought all kinds of gun stuff on EBay the past several months.

What's the link? I'd like to see it...there are a boatload of grips for sale. How do you describe it and not call it a Grip? Just crazy...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty crazy, of all the things they could take exception too...I've bought all kinds of gun stuff on EBay the past several months.

What's the link? I'd like to see it...there are a boatload of grips for sale. How do you describe it and not call it a Grip? Just crazy...
I called the new one just a "module", with all the other descriptive words. People who know how to look for them will find it ok.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
848 Posts
The supervisor said she has never handled or shot a gun before, but would try to help......yeah.....So she explained that eBay policy allows barrels, slides, 10-round mags, triggers, and almost any other part to be sold, but not grips.
Ummmm, it is always unfortunate to have to deal with one of the total morons at eBay, but you had the proper instinct to relist the item with slightly different wording.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummmm, it is always unfortunate to have to deal with one of the total morons at eBay, but you had the proper instinct to relist the item with slightly different wording.
Just looked for clarification in their policy, and it says grip frames. I guess I should clarify.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
OK, I saw the new listing. I also saw the tons of other listings for the same item that used the word Grip in the description...Someone at EBay screwed up.

What exactly is a Grip frame? Are they meaning like a Lower, or a serialized Frame?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I saw the new listing. I also saw the tons of other listings for the same item that used the word Grip in the description...Someone at EBay screwed up.

What exactly is a Grip frame? Are they meaning like a Lower, or a serialized Frame?
Your guess is as good as mine. We are dealing with people who have no knowledge of guns or parts. They have a separate "no-no" for 80% lowers.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Guys
E-Bay is a company that can list what they want. And not list what they don't want to list.
They say they won't list grip frames. They decide what means.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys
E-Bay is a company that can list what they want. And not list what they don't want to list.
They say they won't list grip frames. They decide what means.
What doesnt make sense is why they all of a sudden started banning them. That have been selling like hotcakes for a good while. Now, today, they started having a problem with them. They can do whatever they want and write their own rules, but they can't seem to explain why they have those certain rules in place. Luckily I was down to my last one.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Doesn't make sense to anyone who knows anything about guns. But they don't.

I suspect the policy is meant to address frames, which for most pistols is the serialized part and therefore the gun.

But obviously the grip module, while often referred to as the frame, is not the serialized part and is therefore not "the gun."

That kind of distinction is lost on the suits at eBay, and perhaps that shouldn't surprise us.

Still frustrating if you're trying to sell them there. Sorry man.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What doesnt make sense is why they all of a sudden started banning them.
Why did you get hit with a ban? Probably because somebody reported your listing.

Why would somebody report your listing? The person making the report was probably uninformed about the nature of grip modules, or may have been a competitor upset that your product had been selling like hotcakes.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why did you get hit with a ban? Probably because somebody reported your listing.

Why would somebody report your listing? The person making the report was probably uninformed about the nature of grip modules, or may have been a competitor upset that your product had been selling like hotcakes.
The supervisor hinted at maybe it was reported by another seller, probably a competitor. That's one way to eliminate the competition.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Why not just say "grip?" Anyone with a 320 will know exactly what it is. Larry G.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Happened to me when trying to sell a slide on eBay. Advantage Arms 22lr to be exact. They told me I couldn't sell that item there yet there are a ton of listings for them. You can't fix stupid. Man I was a little miffed there for a second. And the clincher.......I bought the dang thing......off eBay. I even went so far as to list it the same as others had using the same wording. No dice. The gal told me all of the ads would be pulled no matter how they were worded. Sure they will. Go look for yourself. Still there. Won't buy anything off eBay anymore unless it is my only option. What a joke.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
If it is not in their official policy, just change the wording. You can sell handguards all day long, but if you word it that it is for a "M4" and so on, they delete the listing for selling "assault weapon" parts.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.