SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first P320, a full size 9mm about 4 years ago, loved it. About a year and a half ago, I bought a VP9 and fell in love. Swore it was the king of striker fired pistols. Bought a second one about 9 months ago. The ergonomics, the trigger, the accuracy. I really needed something smaller, so I picked up a P320SC, loved it. Two weeks ago at the range I laughed at my son and his G19. Constant FTF's with 115gr Perfecta. I loaded a mag of it for my VP9. FTF every other round.
Today, I took my 320SC, and brand new 320 Carry to the range. Both fired everything I fed them without a hiccup, even 100 rds of the dreaded Perfecta.
The new Sig trigger is very comparable to the VP9, the medium frame fits my hand well. The VP9 may have better target accuracy, but my 320's do just fine for my needs.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I tried the VP9 back to back with a P320 before I bought my first P320. I thought the VP9 trigger was good, but not better than that of the P320. Furthermore, the VP9 due to the trough at the bottom of the trigger guard, stung my trigger finger pretty badly within 50 rounds, as it has done to others.

I shot the full-size P320 in .40 S&W more accurately than the 9mm VP9 despite the stouter caliber. The P320 also had better magazine capacity for a similar size pistol in the same caliber. So for me, the choice was pretty straightforward.

I'm not saying the H&K VP9 is a bad pistol. But it certainly wasn't the best polymer-frame, striker-fired pistol for me.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
The VP9 may have better target accuracy, but my 320's do just fine for my needs.
Just food for thought, but it isn't that one gun is more accurate than the other. It's you. One gun may fit you better, which can have an affect on how accurate you are, but if you spend the time to get familiar the gun you can become as accurate with one as the other. I proved this myself with the VP9 vs the Glock 19. It is all you, brother. :cool:

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Very odd, HK is the only brand I've owned that I've never had a single malfunction of any type. The only striker fired gun I'd take over the VP9 is the PPQ and that's a close call cause my 9mm PPQ has had a few issues. With that said I'll stick to hammer fired for my carry. I am looking forward to trying the new X carry model of the 320.

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
After buying a P320 FS and a VP9 Tactical the same day and having the same problems with the VP9 my solid faith in HK has been shaken. It has turned out to be very ammo sensitive, the 320 on the other hand runs anything I feed it. As far as ergonomics go I'd give the VP9 grip a very slight nod but the 320 wins everything else, trigger most importantly. Sig has hit a major home run with the 320, it's the only striker gun I've ever harmed up to.

I'll just add that I've tried every ammo under the sun in the VP9 and about half work, time to trade in/sell? :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have three P320's and one VP9, I prefer the VP9. I prefer my XDm9 5.25 or XDm45 5.25 over those two. My favorite gun of all is either my P226 Legion or my S&W 686 6" .357 magnum. Even though my XDm's are a close second to being my favorite I shoot them the best.

·
Registered
586 Posts
VP 9 didn't fit me well and did not purchase. PPQ was a slight improvement and bought one in 45. 320s fit best and now have seven. Glad I bought them before the Army announced their selection. Demand and prices seem to be increasing for 320s.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I have VP9, PPQ, and Gen 2 Glock 19 - love them all an all have been perfect for me. I tried P320 Compact and like it also. IMO these are all great SF pistols but some will work better than others for some shooters as far as shooting results including accuracy in the shooters hands.

As far as the malfunctions with Perfecta ammo. I have read about a lot having the same issue with Perfecta more recently and it seems it's quality may not be consistent kind of like WWB 100 packs. I would not judge a pistol on issues it might have with less than good ammo which may also be loaded on the weak side. Newer VP9s share the same RSA as the VP40 and will not do well with weaker ammo for the first 200 - 300 rounds. Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle 124 grain and 147 grain are my favorites for 9MM range ammo. They are a little bit more money than the cheapest stuff but well worth it for me including improved accuracy especially with the Federal American Eagle.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
VP 9 didn't fit me well and did not purchase. PPQ was a slight improvement and bought one in 45. 320s fit best and now have seven. Glad I bought them before the Army announced their selection. Demand and prices seem to be increasing for 320s.
There are three different grip panels, did you try swapping?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Constant FTF with a G19 ?

I've yet to experience one and I've run some cheap ammo through mine and certainly haven't used the best shooter mechanics.

I'll count myself as lucky.

I'm sort of scared to try the polymer Sigs....I don't need to spend any more money on guns right now....just ammo, scopes, holsters and slings. I've heard too many good things about the P320 guns.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts