SIG Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thought to myself, It's Easter. Nobody will be at the range this morning...
Ha! It was packed and I had to wait 30 minutes to get a lane. I had a short window so I only had 20 minutes of shooting time. Better than nothing I guess.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Ummm just to make sure I got that right. So they charged you for an hour range time, you had to wait 30 mins in line and only had 20 mins actual shooting time??? That's messed up. They should start your time when you actual get to the bench. Sounds like a rip off to me - I would see if I could find a different range to shoot at.

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, No... I wasn't charged until I got assigned a lane. It was my decision to leave after twenty minutes due to family plans.

You pay $15 when you get your lane assignment and you can shoot for two hours. By the time I got my lane, waited for the Check And Change Target Cease Fire, and reinstatement of the shooting period, I only had twenty minutes left on my timetable.

No blame on the range at all. It's my favorite range in te area because they are super strict with the safety rules. Some of the others are a little loose and I don't like that. I'm very uptight about protocol's and rules.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Man! I have a brand new gun and the only places I have to shoot were closed. :(
But I'm glad you got to go. :)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Naturally I don't know where you shoot HB, but I went to my local range 0900 Good Friday morning and had the place to myself. Paid my $5 and shot until I was good & ready to leave. Granted it did start to fill up some around lunchtime.

Shoot safe my friends!

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
I have a yearly membership, so it cost the same no matter my time situation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay) and my favorite range that I've been going to since I was a kid closed in December. It was a fantastic little range in the Oakland hills in a redwood forest. Great backroads to get there and just a fantastic place. Then my second go to place was shut down "temporarily" to comply with the "No Blue Sky" rules.

I now have to drive 45 minutes to the Livermore range. There's a few Indoor ranges about an hour away but they're always packed and you have to buy your ammo from them at twice the price I can get it for online. CA is pretty anti gun so it's just the way it is.

There used to be a pretty nice indoor range about 30 minutes away but they just closed up shop and moved to Nevada.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
My favorite range was closed today. They announced their plans well in advance so I could have gone to another range but declined. Though I was itching to shoot, I did the family thing today instead. It will be a long week if I can't sneak in a few rounds somehow.

·
Registered
17,787 Posts
Naturally I don't know where you shoot HB, but I went to my local range 0900 Good Friday morning and had the place to myself. Paid my $5 and shot until I was good & ready to leave. Granted it did start to fill up some around lunchtime.

Shoot safe my friends!
The faithful were probably in Church at that time.

I take advantage of churchgoers being absent at gun shows myself. I almost always go on Sunday and the place doesn't start to fill up until around noon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went Saturday thinking everyone was going to be out of town or getting ready for Easter. Wrong!! Got a lane though in 20 minutes though and get my half hour of fun in and checked out my new SIG P229C.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
$15 for 2 hours????? Sounds like a steal to me!

Happy Easter!

I went yesterday..70 degrees here in communist Chicago- land...

No wait ...I assume due to the good weather..... Got in got out.. Still had a full day ahead of me !

Got my full hour in.. Breaking in my new ( first time the gun was shot) sig 1911...A much better gun than I'm a shooter!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shooting on Easter . . . a beautiful thing.

I wanted to shoot today as well.

Had to settle for shooting on Good Friday . . . with my wife and the whole outdoor gated facility to ourselves - all five ranges. Glorious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts