SIG Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While roaming around the internet I came across the EAA SAR K2 .45ACP pistol.
Does anyone have any experience with those? Being that I'm on a tight budget I'm considering getting one of them for a fraction of the price other high capacity .45 pistols would cost. What are y'all thinking about them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have heard a lot more good than bad reading about them on other forums. EAA has stopped importing them and UTAS is sent to take over (I think). Which might be good because they plan to import more of the SAR line, and maybe will have parts available because EAA wouldn't sell parts to anyone.

I don't own one, but it has been on my radar since CDNN dropped the prices on them. I did get a chance to run a few mags through one at a local range. It worked great, felt great, and made me want one more. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet on one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Most of the reviews I have seen of them have been very good. Most peoples issue with them seems to be with eaa who has a reputation for poor customer service. I got to handle one at the range a couple of weeks ago, the guy in the lane next to me had one. It seemed like a nice, well made weapon. The owner told me that he had around 500 rounds through it and had no problems.

I have a sar bp6, which is the poly framed 9mm. In the past month i have put about 700 rounds through it. It is a reliable, accurate handgun. To me it seems that the sarsilmaz handguns are well priced, well made guns that suffer from the fact that the brand isn't well recognized.

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Steelhat, you might look at the Canik line of pistols.
They are rock solid and you are not paying for a name.

Good luck and sorry about the Rocket's loss to the Spurs��

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Seems like they are solid pistols at a decent price point.
I'm not expecting them to be on par with a P227 or FNX but if it's a reliable gun with decent combat accuracy I'm gonna put one on top of my want list.
Hopefully I'm able to get one by June/July if the budget permits it.

@Mills -> I always say "May the better team win" so if the Rockets weren't as much up to their game as the Spurs were - oh well, better luck next time. ;)

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Seems like they are solid pistols at a decent price point.
I'm not expecting them to be on par with a P227 or FNX but if it's a reliable gun with decent combat accuracy I'm gonna put one on top of my want list.
Hopefully I'm able to get one by June/July if the budget permits it.

@Mills -> I always say "May the better team win" so if the Rockets weren't as much up to their game as the Spurs were - oh well, better luck next time. ;)
Golden state is up next and odds against the Spurs.
Actually I am not a big NBA fan. I would rather watch a high school game any day than a pro team.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ended up buying a "used" one with a bunch of mags locally this weekend. I went straight to the range and ran 100 rounds through it without issue. I am thoroughly impressed with it. The trigger was decent, very accurate and very well built even at a higher price than they sell for. I'm imagining all of my range visits in the foreseeable future will have the K2 45 along for the visit. I plan to do a little polishing of the trigger components and maybe play with a couple of springs to get the trigger pull weights down a little bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.