SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have E2s on my 226 and I like the size. But I like the texture and look of the Hogue checkered aluminum grips. Anyone have an idea of the difference in size? I know the Hogues are supposed to be slim. Are they close to the E2? Thanks

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
These are very different grip options. Measuring grips is difficult because of their irregular shape, particularly the E2s.

E2s are designed to give smaller hands better trigger reach, and this is done by slimming the upper portion of the grip. The actual grip size in the palm area of your hand isn't very different.

The big difference is how these 2 grip options feel. E2s are VERY grippy. Sure they grip well in your hand, but also grip your shirt, your undershirt, and everything else they contact.

Aluminum grips look great, I have then on my GI guns - Mk25 & M11-A1. Their checker texturing feels pretty grippy, without be too aggressive. The knock on 'em is they're cold in the winter, and their black finish knicks easily. So, wouldn't suggest aluminum grips on a carry weapon.

Cheers

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the Hogue aluminum, Hogue rubber with finger moulds, and the E2.

First, the e2 kept catching on my clothing and actually ruining it. It was like Velcro.

Then got the aluminum. The aluminum is thin, but not contoured like the e2. So it makes for a thicker overall grip. Also, the checkered aluminum was uncomfortable rubbing against my skin when carried AIWB.

Then I got the rubber. They were comfortable, but made for the widest grip of the three.

My final solution was taking sanding paper to the textured portion of the e2 grips. They still provide a very good grip, but do not catch on clothes or irritate my skin. They are now my preferred grips.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
E2s are designed to give smaller hands better trigger reach, and this is done by slimming the upper portion of the grip.
Cheers
I just replaced the stock M11A1 grips with the E2. It does reduce the upper grip area bulk which works for me.

I haven't CWW this gun yet so I can't speak on that. I am going to order a set of the Hogue aluminum grips because I like the way they look and want to try them out as well.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I have the Hogue aluminum, Hogue rubber with finger moulds, and the E2.

First, the e2 kept catching on my clothing and actually ruining it. It was like Velcro.

Then got the aluminum. The aluminum is thin, but not contoured like the e2. So it makes for a thicker overall grip. Also, the checkered aluminum was uncomfortable rubbing against my skin when carried AIWB.

Then I got the rubber. They were comfortable, but made for the widest grip of the three.

My final solution was taking sanding paper to the textured portion of the e2 grips. They still provide a very good grip, but do not catch on clothes or irritate my skin. They are now my preferred grips.
Thanks for the run through of your process with the grips. One question, what is the finish like on them after you sanded them?

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Yeah, I've run many different grip types on my SIGs, Glocks & Walther. For carry guns, G10s on SIGs and Talon's rubberized grip tape on the Glocks and Walther work best for me. HK's newer grip design are great out of the box.

On the SIG G10s, I have Hogue's more aggressive textures - keyhole and parahana on the smaller grip frames and checker on the full size grips.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Cheers

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Piranhas are the solution to all your problems, they are slim, grippy, but don't grab clothing, comfortable on the skin, unlike E2s or the p320 texturing which will turn white from the skin they rub off.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Not a big fan of Aluminum either. They're not really anodized, they mare up easily, feel cold and metallic in the hand, etc. G10s or the old school Sig plastic grips are what I prefer. Wood is nice too on certain guns, they will thicken the grip though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have e2's, g10's and factory aluminums too. I agree with all that has been said. I prefer the aluminum as they are just a tad bit bigger and almost as grippy as the e2's. but just less aggressive enough to be comfortable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.