SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post. :D

I bought an M11a1 because it felt amazing in my hand but the bulge on the side of the grip beneath the slide stop over, behind the decoder, messes with my high grip with both thumbs resting along the frame. My question for those that have installed the E2 grips is, will those reduce this problem for me? The rest of the grip is fine, it's just that bulge that messes with my mind while shooting. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol, I should proofread my posts.

Is that hump I described smaller on the aluminum grips as opposed to the standard plastic grips?

·
Registered
11,385 Posts
E2 grips work for some, but not a fan.

Originals are great, G10s may be better.

M11-A1 is a great SIG!

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
I have E2's on my M11-D and had G10's on my black one. I prefer my E2's and just put E2's on my black one the other day. But here is a pic of them with E2 and G10 for reference.
The E2's make the grips melt into my hand better. However, I have a lot of love for the G10's as well.

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have large hands, and that bump was hindering my grip placement on my M11, so I replaced the stock grips with the E2, and it was a positive change for sure!

I really like the E2's, I have them on my 226 also.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have G10 checkereds on my m11. That hump bugs the crud out of a friend of mine when he shoots mine. I don't ever notice it when shooting. But against my 226 there is a clear difference.

Sorry. Not sure you have an easy solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply. Today was the first 300 rounds through it, so I noticed it right away. I have shot a P226 and P227 and didn't notice the bump as much. If the E2 grips don't reduce it much, I'm sure Ill get used to it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I went G10 after testing the E2 on both P226 & P228/9 guns. I felt the E2 pushed hand too far down the gun and really changed my recoil control ability at speed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
552 Posts
That 'bump' will likely still be there. it there for clearance of the de-cocker axis.

I liked the E2s when using the standard "thick" trigger on the P series. But once I installed a short trigger, the reach was just too short for my medium size hands. So I removed them and installed Hogue G10 grips. Perfect now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love the E2 on my m11. Don't remember how much it helped with the hump. But it put this grip on right after I bought my m11 and haven't looked back.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I always thought that the hump was engineered to keep your thumb from riding the slide stop. LOL. On a thumbs forward grip, does your grip hand thumb go under your support hand or over your support hand?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
My grip hand thumb is sitting on top of my support hand thumb, both thumbs along the frame.

A range officer said my grip was too high and my shooting hand should be under the hump on a Sig but that goes against everything I have been taught and makes my grip feel way too low on the gun so that my thumbs don't rest on the frame.

I'm going to get the E2 grips to see if they help. I had a P227 with the E2 for a short time (only gun I regret selling) and I don't remember the hump being as pronounced on P229. I did get out my son's P226 MK25 and I think the hump is the same but doesn't feel as bad in a shooting grip. Maybe it's the rest of the grip that makes it feel different, or maybe I'm just crazy. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a P226 MK 25 and I switched to the e2 grip for this very reason. With the e2 grip on the P226, that hump is basically removed (can't say if that's the same on the M11). However, I then found my thumb pushing up against the slide release. I replaced my P226 slide release with the P224 slide release (pretty much the same slide release as what is on the legion pistols) which provided just enough room so that my thumb could be exactly where I wanted it to be.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I received the E2 grips in today and installed it on my m11A1. It feels much better in my hand and the hump feels significantly less of a protrussion. It took about a half hour and the gun function tests ok. I can't wait to get back to the range.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.