SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just joined the forum and I'm pretty impressed with a Sig community. I just picked up a 226 combat the other day and I love it. I'm looking for a set of E2 ergonomic grips off the elite model if anyone can point me in a good direction that would be cool. I guess off there website I could just order some. But if someone wants to trade I'm cool with that. ? Have and want pics ??

Attachments

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
I like the E2 grips. They're a nice form and allows for those with smaller hands to get a firm grip on the gun. Congrats!

Reactions: SissyTalk

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Had 2 SIGs with E2 grips. Replaced both with standard 2 piece SIG polymer grips.

After holding, fondling, and shooting, the grips will turn white, wherever your pressure points of your hand grips gun.. removed, cleaned, scrubbed, oiled, etc.
All grips were still white.

Plus, the SIG felt.....hollow with E2s..........

My personal feeling. Many SIG guys love these grips. You decide what's best for you.

Welcome from PA!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Had 2 SIGs with E2 grips.

After holding, fondling, and shooting, the grips will turn white, wherever your pressure points of your hand grips gun..
I have a 227 with E2's and have not noticed this. How long did you have yours before they turned white?

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Mainer, the white is from dead skin cells clogging up the texture of the grips. Every time you handle the weapon, skin cells are being deposited, the aggressive texture of the E2's seems to accelerate this action. It can be a challenge removing, a tooth brush with a cleaning solvent seems to work ok.

·
Registered
17,772 Posts
I took some off my Enhanced Elite 226 a few weeks ago.

What do you have to trade?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Depending on when yours was made you may also have to change out your hammer strut to the one with different geometry to accommodate the E2's. I'm sure someone who had performed your exact conversion will chime in specifically. Just something to be aware of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm moving away from e2s after 4 years. They will get loose. They snag a bit on certain material. But darn if I didn't love the things.

G10s on my 224 and 229 now. 226 still has the e2s, as I don't shoot it nearly as much, not do I carry it.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
WhisperingEye18, I see you are in Cleveburg. Not sure where you are or if you are familiar with these two stores, but certainly worth a visit for you.

Down in Ashland, just off I-71, is the main store for Fin, Feather and Fur. Last I was there, I noticed a pretty sizeable SIG display, they may be a SIG authorized distributor. The FF&F in Middleburg Heights is nothing like this, the trip to Ashland is well worth it, three floors of goodness.

The store you really have to see is Top Gun Supply in Chesterland. About 10 miles east of I-271 on Mayfield Road, this store has one of the most stunning firearms displays I have ever seen and they ARE a SIG authorized dealer. Whenever I visit this store, it feels like I've walked into a Lamborghini dealership, absolutely incredible. Their retail hours are a bit unusual, you will want to check to make certain they are open prior to making the trip.

Top Gun Supply will probably have the E2 grips you are looking for in stock, you can kill two birds with one stone - get your socks knocked off by an incredible display and get your grips. They also have some beautiful old SIG's on display, not for sale, mind you, but you can get some incredible drool factor going! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I like the E2 grips, had them on my P229 Nitron which is up for sale on GB. As has already been said, dead skin cells will accumulate on the grips, but can be easily removed using a toothbrush, or better yet, one of those little "sneaker" scrub brushes. All in all, great grips.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
I really like the E2's on my 224 but boy you don't want them touching your bare skin, 80 grit sandpaper! They're fine on your hands but if your holster doesn't cover the grip they'll chaff the heck out of none calloused skin (stomach or hip). I've thought about changing to G10's but I shoot the gun so well as is I hate to screw with the universe, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
WhisperingEye18, I see you are in Cleveburg. Not sure where you are or if you are familiar with these two stores, but certainly worth a visit for you.

Down in Ashland, just off I-71, is the main store for Fin, Feather and Fur. Last I was there, I noticed a pretty sizeable SIG display, they may be a SIG authorized distributor. The FF&F in Middleburg Heights is nothing like this, the trip to Ashland is well worth it, three floors of goodness.

The store you really have to see is Top Gun Supply in Chesterland. About 10 miles east of I-271 on Mayfield Road, this store has one of the most stunning firearms displays I have ever seen and they ARE a SIG authorized dealer. Whenever I visit this store, it feels like I've walked into a Lamborghini dealership, absolutely incredible. Their retail hours are a bit unusual, you will want to check to make certain they are open prior to making the trip.

Top Gun Supply will probably have the E2 grips you are looking for in stock, you can kill two birds with one stone - get your socks knocked off by an incredible display and get your grips. They also have some beautiful old SIG's on display, not for sale, mind you, but you can get some incredible drool factor going! LOL!
Thanks man I'm going to go check Top gun out. I was at FFF the other day and couldn't get me grips. Thanks for the info I moved to the west side last year still getting used to the city.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
If I go from E2 to G10 grips to I need to replace anything (hammer spring post/hammer spring foot) other than just the grips themselves?
No, the Hogue G10's will fit fine. You do want to make certain your screws are the correct length. Too long, they will project into mag well and inhibit mag insertion/removal. Too short, you will have less thread engagement, increasing the likelihood of stripping alloy frame threads

1 - 20 of 20 Posts