SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy an X series in 9mm with a Streamlight TLR-1-HL as my duty pistol. My favorite holster is the Safariland ALS holster.

Does anyone have an X series with a light that they carry in a duty holster?

Do 226 holsters work for a X series?

I am not willing to go without a light on my pistol as it serves way too much purpose to disregard it. If it doesn't meet my requirements as a duty holster, I'm going to buy one anyway.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You should be able to fit it into an als. I think they make one for an x5. I ordered the 6360 for my P226 SAO with a surefire x300u. Just had to trim a notch into the hood to clear the cocked hammer. I then flared the plastic out slightly by heating up the material and remolding it to clear the thumb safeties. Probably took a half hour to do everything.

The thing about the als is that it's very easy to disable the thumb safety without intending to when activating the als lever. This may or may not be a big deal to you.

If you want more pictures let me know.

Also, check out the safariland holster finder and give the customer service line a call. The website is not always accurate and CS will help you find the correct holster. I called them and a nice lady gave me the exact model number I needed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should be able to fit it into an als. I think they make one for an x5. I ordered the 6360 for my P226 SAO with a surefire x300u. Just had to trim a notch into the hood to clear the cocked hammer. I then flared the plastic out slightly by heating up the material and remolding it to clear the thumb safeties. Probably took a half hour to do everything.

The thing about the als is that it's very easy to disable the thumb safety without intending to when activating the als lever. This may or may not be a big deal to you.

If you want more pictures let me know.

Also, check out the safariland holster finder and give the customer service line a call. The website is not always accurate and CS will help you find the correct holster. I called them and a nice lady gave me the exact model number I needed.
Wow, looks great. I'd be getting one without a hood since its not required so that would eliminate half the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.