SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to striker fired pistols. Bought my 1st P320 about 4 months ago. I have read many of you talk about dry firing as part of your practice regimen. Am I understanding this correctly? There is no harm done to my weapon by squeezing the trigger on an empty chamber? I realize this probably a laughable question to some, but I have never been bashful about saying "I don't know"
when I really don't know:confused: Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
You will not damage most modern firearms by dry firing (assuming you did not modify anything like springs or such). Many people still prefer to use a snap cap just to be safe though. In the case of Sigs, regardless of model you are pretty safe dry firing any of them.

Reactions: SigManFreud

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Even Sig themselves state on their own site that dry firing will not harm your firearm. They only recommend that you include your dry fire practice into your round count for replacing springs and such. Also it is recommended if you do extensive dry firing use a snap cap to lessen the chance of damage.

Reactions: SMT

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
snap caps are very cheap so use them to insure no damage will be done .. why take a chance .. can also be placed in with a live mag on the range to practice FTF's .. I have used them for years ..

But do add the numbers to live round counts for springs etc. .. and I replace the caps if they appear worn .. have them for the 4 calibers of pistols I own .. always try to buy them on sale as they're not a need now item ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts