SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
I tried one of these a few years ago. My advise? If you are thinking of this to get less recoil for competition, It might make sense.
If you are thinking of it for a EDC or SD weapon? Pull up your big boy pants and deal. This adds one more layer of complexity and uncertainty.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have one on order now. Ive followed along with reviews and such for years and generally see all positive results except it seems to differ on how much of an actual perceived difference it makes.

What sold me on it was recently shooting a gun that unknowingly included it. I was just commenting how impressed I was with the recoil only to find out when I disassembled it that it had one of these buffered guiderods. I dont know how I would have perceived it had I known it was in there before shooting so this was the perfect blind test to me at least.

Still I dont think its a huge difference but any positive difference is a good thing. Specially for an upgrade thats less than a hundred bucks and I can easily replace back to stock if by chance I dont like it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I received last night and hopefully will get a chance to go to the range later today and try it. I put in the smallest (should be least resistant) dpm spring. I'll have to say the resistance on racking the slide is much more than it previously was with an 11 lb recoil spring, so not sure what to expect as far as it reducing recoil. Will see soon...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ive been using for about a month now. Ive tried it in both my p226 9mm Stainless Steel Elite and Legion. I couldnt honestly say there was any difference. Also I score my targets and average scores are about the same as what they were before I put it in.

I will say I did see a pretty significant difference with one in a 3" barrel CZ. Perhaps the difference is more noticeable with the smaller lighter gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.