SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the DPM Recoil Reduction Spring System?

I'm curious but not sold on it yet. It says they have 9 different settings so that alone makes me think it's more complicated than I want. The price kind of scares me too. Also wondering about getting replacement springs when or if ever needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a very early one of these that I bought about 20 years ago in my P228. It may have been produced by a different company then. It works well, but you do feel the increased spring pressure at the very rear of the slide travel when you try to lock the slide back manually. Other than that they're a good system.

On the modern ones the different "settings" are different combinations of the two springs. You just find one you like and go with it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the brand new still in the box DPM kit for the X-Compact in my range bag to give it a try when ammo becomes easier to find...

Don’t feel comfortable carrying an upgrade until I can put some rounds through it and make sure it doesn’t cause failures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
9,041 Posts
I've used them in the past on many of my handguns and definitely thought they made a difference in recoil mitigation.

Reactions: Speedwagon

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input all, I think I'm going to try one. I have two X5 Legions so I'll install it in one and run them side by side and report back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts